Senior Programmer Analyst, Interface Engineer - Enterprise Technology and Innovation(Open to Remote)Req # JR - 069375 Location United States (Remote) Additional locations United States of America - Remote Job Category Information Technology Date posted 05/23/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
You will provide sophisticated technical expertise in deploying and supporting medical device and software integration in healthcare environments. Requires the ability to work effectively with multi-functional teams that include customer resources in collaboration with internal clinical and technical guides. Responsible for crafting, building, and supporting sophisticated healthcare systems interfaces at customer sites. Works with project teams, clinical users, application domain authorities, and software vendors to establish the needed business and technical requirements to ensure interfaces are accurately prioritized, engineered, tested, and supported.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety SOP’s, equipment, policies and procedures, including any department specific requirements.
- Provide Integration with customers’ EMR
- Bi-directional interface design and support
- Deploys new interfaces and interface changes into production environments while adhering to established change control policies and procedures.
- Work directly with external customers and multi-functional teams on the development of system interfaces including writing detailed interface specifications
- Provide support and handle partner concerns of sophisticated Issues
- Develops and ensures standard methodologies procedures are detailed and followed
- Provides mentorship and training to junior team members
- Reviews work of lower-level programmers providing training and feedback
- Participate in a 24×7 support rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent field.
- Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience performing EHR system integrations or equivalent programming experience.
- C# programming experience
- Validated experience with HL7, FHIR, XML, JSON and API integration.
- Familiarity with IHE (PCD) framework and standards
- Familiarity with Integration engines: Cloverleaf, Mirth, Rhapsody, Ensemble
- SQL query experience
- Experience with reporting packages: Crystal Reports, SSRS
- Experience working with hospital EMR (Cerner, Meditech, Epic, etc) a plus
- Experience with patient monitoring systems (GE, Phillips, etc) preferred
- An aim to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to provide COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition to employment, pursuant to OSHA ETS requirements. If the employee is not vaccinated, then the employee will have to submit to weekly testing, subject to potential religious or medical exemptions.
This position can be located remotely within the US, except for Colorado.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now