Senior EHS SpecialistReq # JR - 011985 Location Rayong, Changwat Rayong, Thailand Job Category EHS Date posted 01/30/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
You will be interacting with a variety of people within organization to drive safety awareness. While you should enjoy initiating and implementing new projects/programs, you may be required to standalone in a highly dynamic working culture, handling a variety of tasks ranging from paperwork admin for submission to creating strategic plan and drive all employees through "Behavioral Based Safety" programs. You will not have any team member under yourself so you may handle approximately 300 employees on your plate and ensure EHS ultimate objectives include but not limited to: zero harm incident, certified EHS standard as a company, conduct annual EHS activities (Health check-up and emergency drills, inspection/audits). The successful candidate must have extensive knowledge of EHS; especially Environmental component such as Waste Management with long experiences of project lead. In fact, being proactive and result-oriented are the key to success in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate and implement new projects/programs to raise safety awareness through communication and promotional activities
- Provide Health & Safety related training & orientation to employees
- Advise management team on regulatory changes
- Organize annual emergency drills and EHS inspection/audits on regular basis to highlight safety concern in the workplace
- Review and develop Safety & Health policies and procedures for efficacy and efficiency
- Work closely with government authorities for paperwork submitting and renew hazardous substance license.
- Degree in Occupational Health & Safety
- Minimum 7 years of working experience in Environment Health & Safety
- Ability to hold communication with expat stakeholders both onsite and offsite
- Experience in light manufacturing industry preferred
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.