Field Service Engineer, Vestfold AreaReq # JR - 023748 Location Oslo, Oslo County, Norway Additional Locations 37.5 Job Category Technical Services Date posted 07/16/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Do you always have a customer-oriented mindset and high technical skills you can be our next member in the Technical Service team in Norway, based in “Vestfold area” around one hour from Oslo. As a Technical Services Field engineer you will be responsible to perform service activity on electro mechanical medical devices, as per defined service requirements and customer contractual agreements. You will also perform sales support activities on defined service offering within the geographical area of responsibility.
This is a very important role contributing to Baxter’s mission to save and sustain lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish, maintain communication & partnership with customers, team members and business contacts.
- Install, service, maintain, upgrade or execute Field Corrective Actions on electro mechanical medical devices as per defined service requirements and customer contractual agreements across Norway. (Travel will be required within this role on a regular basis)
- Connect devices to a facility’s wireless or wired network. Manage, trouble shoot, and help resolve lower level device integration and network connectivity problems. Work with colleagues and customer IT team to provide local support for installation and problem solving.
- Monitor device status and perform necessary upgrades whether in-person or via remote capabilities.
- Report all relevant service activity in the service systems and applicable datasheets, to ensure updated and accurate service data.
- Provide customer telephone support (if necessary).
- Deliver user training to customers.
- Support customer demos.
- Manage assigned car stock, spare parts and assets (instruments, tools), as per storage requirements and instructions. Ensure manual replacement orders are performed timely and on purpose.
- Use mobile devices such as cell phone, laptop and tablet to complete activities including communicating with customers, updating work orders, completing checklists, accessing portals and training, running VR and augmented reality programs, diagnosing problems, and maintaining schedule of activities.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable service and quality requirements as well as to all applicable company rules and operational/organizational rules.
- Ability to manage your work environment.
- technical degree is required (preferably in the biomedical/ electromechanical/ IT areas) or equivalent through experience
- You need at least 2 years’ experience as service engineer on electro mechanical devices with preference in the medical device sector.
- You must have base IT knowledge on general connectivity, network integration of devices, wireless protocols, mobile network technologies, software support and cyber security standards;
- Fluent in Norwegian, English and ideally Swedish.
What we can offer
- A challenging opportunity for you and also a chance to work in a diverse and experienced team with a great mix of people. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
- Independent position with an opportunity to build your own strategy and make a real impact
- A chance to further build your professional experience in the area of health care
- Internal training tailored to business needs and career goals
- Stability of employment in a recognizable and established company
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.