Visual Inspector IReq # JR - 021740 Location Opelika, Alabama, United States Additional Locations 40 Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 07/21/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
This position functions as part of a team ensuring the continuous operation of the related production area to meet production requirements. This job is responsible for visual inspection of semi-finished products while ensuring a continuous flow of material to facilitate production, good documentation practices and maintaining house-keeping and order within the production department. On an annual basis (determined by the calendar year), all Visual Inspectors will be required to complete 1 demonstration test per inspection station – a total of 4 tests per year to confirm the performance of Visual Inspectors and to ensure patient safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Visual inspection of semi-finished products, including plastic parts, at multiple automated stations by following a pre-defined inspection sequence and knowing/ applying proper criteria for making pass/fail quality decisions.
- Responsible for properly handling waste at multiple automated stations and communicating scrap trends to the Visual Lead Inspector.
- Responsible for knowing and following compliance requirements by ensuring proper hygiene in work areas at all times and maintaining good documentation practices on all required paperwork
- Responsible for knowing and following safety procedures for associated equipment and Performs other tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years of manufacturing experience
- Team player and able to function as part of a team
- Ability to work independently
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Capable to perform visual inspection of products
- Must be able to work in an environment without daylight / windows
- Ascends/descends ladders to access machinery
- Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques, or appropriate assistance
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing and crawling
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts to include day and night time hours
Please note that this position is a 12 hour, rotating shift schedule; alternating between day shift and night shift every 28 days. Within a 28 day cycle (whether on days or nights) you will work fourteen 12 hour shifts with every other weekend being a three day weekend. There is always a 3 day weekend to end the cycle.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.