Senior HR ManagerReq # JR - 036807 Location Opelika, Alabama, United States Job Category Human Resources Date posted 04/21/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
- Provide HR support and leadership for Opelika, Alabama, manufacturing plant, a 600 plus employee facility
- This position manages initiatives related to organization and management team effectiveness and organization design and drives the execution and implementation of HR processes across the function
- Drives the execution and implementation of HR processes and systems across the function and manages initiatives related to organization and management team effectiveness
- As the solo HR professional, this is a working manager role with the opportunity to work directly with the local employee population and partner strategically with leadership
- Reporting to the Sr. HR Director supporting Americas Solutions Region Operations, this role is part of a team of US/Canada and Latin America based HR professionals with a collaborative and continuous improvement mindset
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of business objectives and desired organizational culture
- Process HR Operational Transactions related to HRIS (Workday) and timekeeping/payroll (Kronos) systems
- Drive initiatives to improve efficiencies and cost savings
- Consult with management on a variety of HR and business-related issues, both strategic and operational
- Manage day-to-day employee relations, staffing, and compensation issues in partnership with managers and external partners
- Support organization wide talent planning initiatives (in partnership with talent management CoE) including assessment, calibration, development planning and succession planning
- Support remediation activities happening at site level
- Facilitate New Hire Orientation and HR Training programs
- Manage recordkeeping and filing system through knowledge of Microsoft Applications and specialized software/systems in HR related field
- Support employee promotion and hiring process; develop or update job descriptions, attend job fairs, assist with developing performance expectations
- Support all compliance requirements and ensure ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment
- Flexibility to work across a 5-day, 3-shift operation
- Strong knowledge of US and local laws
- Strong foundational HR knowledge and experience in training, compensation, performance management, change management and organizational design. Demonstrated application of those skills and partnership with HR Centers of Expertise
- A proven track record of disciplined action and execution in Human Resource roles
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with management team and to coach and influence decision making of senior leaders
- Strong teamwork orientation and collaborative approach
- Excellent communication, influence and listening skills
- Strong project and process management skills
- Employee relations experience; experience working with employees to rollout processes or policies, resolve issues, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflict
- Able to question “status quo”, drive innovation and strong level of accountability
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master's in Human Resources or Business preferred
- 10+ years of HR experience that includes at least 5 years of generalist experience; Health Care, R&D and/or manufacturing plant background preferred
- Experience managing an hourly workforce preferable
A relocation package will be considered assuming the candidate meets all Baxter's eligibility criteria.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.