Quality Lab Tech IReq # JR - 024249 Location Opelika, Alabama, United States Additional Locations 40 Job Category Quality Control Date posted 07/30/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
- Position is for a second shift workday, Sunday through Thursday.
- Perform tests in the performance, microbiological, and chemical labs on finished dialyzers and raw materials; this includes analyses, calibrations, and maintenance on multiple lab equipment/instruments
- Environmental, and product bioburden monitoring. Water system and process media monitoring
- Microbiological techniques: bacterial isolation/identification, media preparation/growth promotion, aseptic technique, microscopy, LAL.
- Analyze out of specification (OOS) conditions and unusual trends, including documentation of investigation and escalation, as required.
- Order and maintain lab supplies/consumables.
- Revise work instructions and templates to ensure ISO, FDA, and Baxter Corporate compliance. Creates new work instructions for new projects.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time, standing 5-6 hours at a time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office and labs to access file cabinets, lab equipment, etc.
- Constantly operates various lab equipment and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer, etc.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with internal and/or external contacts. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Requires frequent bending, stooping, reaching above shoulders and below knees, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Potential exposure to bloodborne pathogens in this position requires wearing a lab coat, gloves, face shield, and mask.
- Ability to handle repetitive motion work such as pipetting, connecting tubing’s, use of keyboard and other electronic devices, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays as required.
- Normal visual acuity and the ability to distinguish color are necessary.
- 2+ years of laboratory testing techniques and general knowledge of quality systems required.
- Practical knowledge of microbiological procedures and aseptic technique required.
- Must be able to multi-task and work efficiently as a member of a multi-functional team and posess the ability to perform work independently.
- The individual must possess good planning, organizational, verbal and written communication skills, as the role requires interaction with multiple departments, and external contacts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, or Biological Science, Microbiology preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.