Production Maintenance TechnicianReq # JR - 022577 Location Opelika, Alabama, United States Job Category Maintenance Date posted 06/23/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Successful candidate will work independently supporting maintenance needs of complex, automated manufacturing equipment. Maintains a high level of knowledge of the manufacturing processes and equipment to provide support to all needs in all areas. May assist on the design and development of new equipment or processes. Requires strong time management skills to effectively manage project work with unscheduled maintenance needs.
Maintenance activities include advanced troubleshooting of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems, using the PLC and online ladder logic to troubleshoot machine control issues, equipment performance improvement projects, process validation activities and preventative maintenance. Due to the nature of this position, a very high degree of initiative, teamwork and communication are required. Is expected to lead by example through compliance to all safety and regulatory requirements, demonstrates a good work ethic, performs to high standards and supports continuous learning
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned):
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Independently troubleshoots complex, automated equipment with a high degree of quality in a sustained quick and reliable problem solving/correction process.
- Supports and performs planned maintenance activities, including preventive maintenance, throughout production.
- Continues to learn complex equipment by studying equipment manuals, conducting internet research and utilizing internal knowledge to keep abreast of new technologies, processes and/or equipment. Works within Service Technician group to assist in increasing technical knowledge the technical capabilities of less experienced technicians.
- Works with engineers and others during the building and installation of new equipment to ensure attention to maintenance of new equipment, prepares new machine documentation from equipment suppliers based on Gambro’s operating standards.
- Responsible for knowing and following all safety and compliance requirements by maintaining cleanliness within work area, ensuring proper hygiene in work areas at all times and maintaining good documentation practices on all required paperwork.
- Technically identifies and supports process optimization through equipment design improvements, changes to operating procedures and maintenance activities. Implements permanent corrective actions to eliminate recurrent problems.
- Supports equipment validation activities in house or at vendor locations by following Gambro’s standard operating and compliance procedures.
- Performs written documentation and regulatory recordkeeping responsibilities as defined in the standard operating procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Enters data into SAP for tracking purposes.
- May be required to perform other duties and/or lead special projects as required or assigned, reasonably within the scope of the duties listed above. May be required to work on other shifts and/or willing to be “on call” as needed.
Physical Requirements:Physical requirements for a position will vary. These must be reviewed with the supervisor and should be attached here.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.