Machine Leader IReq # JR - 025945 Location Opelika, Alabama Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 08/14/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
This position functions as part of a team ensuring the continuous operation of the related production area to meet production requirements. This job is responsible for various operations including visual inspection of semi-finished products within the production unit, insuring a continuous flow of material to facilitate production. Also includes supervision of process equipment, any documentation requirements and maintaining house-keeping and order within the production department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned)
- Controls and understands all functions of automated equipment within area of responsibility including but not limited to start-up and shut down of machines to ensure continuous operation and constant output of products.
- Handles robots in all normal production modes, troubleshoots and identify problems with robots as required.
- Conducts quality control measurements within area of responsibility by ensuring equipment is operating within specified tolerances/parameters.
- Trouble shoots, identifies and repair problems related to machine output and quality defects as they occur
- Conducts planned/preventive maintenance in area of responsibility including but not limited to cleaning and inspection on all components of equipment in a safe manner.
- Prepares proper documentation to support production tracking and performance of equipment.
- Works with shift leaders in establishing work instructions and training materials and to achieve production safety/hygiene goals.
- Works as a service-oriented, independent worker. Able to effectively communicate with other machine leaders during shift transition.
- Responsible for proper handling of waste and accurately documenting supportive data relative to waste.
- Responsible for knowing and following safety and compliance procedures by maintaining orderliness within department and maintaining proper hygiene at all times.
- Performs other duties as required including but not limited to visual inspection of products.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years manufacturing experience
- Team player and able to function as part of a team.
- Able to work independently.
- Skilled in Microsoft applications, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to train and share knowledge with less experienced operators.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond with a sense of urgency.
- Work effectively and professionally with employees, team members, engineers, manufacturing management etc., by using good personal and interpersonal skills.
- Capable to perform visual inspection of products.
Physical Requirements: Physical requirements for a position will vary. These must be reviewed with the supervisor and should be attached here.
- Must be able to work in an environment without daylight / windows
- Ascends/descends ladders to access machinery
- Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques, or appropriate assistance
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing and crawling.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts to include day and night time hours.
Please note that this position is a 12 hour, rotating shift schedule; alternating between day shift and night shift every 28 days. Within a 28 day cycle (whether on days or nights) you will work fourteen 12 hour shifts with every other weekend being a three day weekend. There is always a 3 day weekend to end the cycle.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.