Machine Leader I- Night ShiftReq # JR - 038289 Location Opelika, Alabama, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 04/07/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This position functions as part of a team ensuring the continuous operation of the related production area to meet production requirements. This job is responsible for various operations including visual inspection of semi-finished products within the production unit, insuring a continuous flow of material to facilitate production. Also includes supervision of process equipment, any documentation requirements and maintaining house-keeping and order within the production department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Controls and understands all functions of automated equipment within area of responsibility including but not limited to start up and shut down of machines to ensure continuous operation and constant output of products.
- Handles robots in all normal production modes, troubleshoots and identify problems with robots as required.
- Conducts quality control measurements within area of responsibility by ensuring equipment is operating within specified tolerances/parameters.
- Trouble shoots, identifies and repair problems related to machine output and quality defects as they occur
- Conducts planned/preventive maintenance in area of responsibility including but not limited to cleaning and inspection on all components of equipment in a safe manner.
- Prepares proper documentation to support production tracking and performance of equipment.
- Works with shift leaders in establishing work instructions and training materials and to achieve production safety/hygiene goals.
- Works as a service oriented, independent worker. Able to effectively communicate with other machine leaders during shift transition.
- Responsible for proper handling of waste and accurately documenting supportive data relative to waste.
- Responsible for knowing and following safety and compliance procedures by maintaining orderliness within department and maintaining proper hygiene at all times.
- Performs other duties as required including but not limited to visual inspection of products.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to work in an environment without daylight / windows
- Ascends/descends ladders to access machinery - Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques, or appropriate assistance
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing and crawling.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.