Injection Molding Machine Leader IReq # JR - 026638 Location Opelika, Alabama, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 08/28/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The primary responsibilities of this position include performing manufacturing procedures and associated documentation of injection molding of plastic parts and assembly of these parts in accordance with written procedures. Performs as a multi-skilled team member, serves specialized areas, and plays a significant role in process improvement and facilitation.
Candidate is responsible for performing manufacturing procedures and associated documentation of injection molding of plastic parts and assembly of these parts in accordance with written procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities. This section contains a list of five to eight primary responsibilities of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties as assigned.
- Follows guidance of designated or assigned PU Lead, Production Team Lead and Shift Supervisor to ensure continuous and uninterrupted production flow.
- Works with and assists Production Unit Lead, Engineers and Production Management in resolving quality, production process issues, and raw material issues.
- Ensures cycle times and performs quality checks for manufactured parts, identifies defective materials and alerts Production Unit Lead of unusual trends for corrective action.
- Trains new employees and cross trainees as directed by PU Lead, using standard training booklet
- Acts with sense of urgency to intelligently communicate unresolved/reoccurring machine issues with service technicians/engineers, actively supports both groups by assisting/learning.
- Works directly with other team members in new and existing process validation, documentation, and implementation. Assists engineers in prototyping, specialty builds, testing, validating, and implementing new materials, designs and process improvements. Records data when necessary.
- Conducts quality control measurements within area of responsibility by ensuring equipment is operating within specified tolerances/parameters.
- Conducts planned/preventive maintenance in area of responsibility including but not limited to cleaning and inspection on all components of equipment in a safe manner, considering production flow and buffer levels.
- Prepares proper documentation to support production tracking and performance of equipment.
- Works as a service oriented, independent worker. Able to effectively communicate with other machine leaders during shift transition.
- Immediately communicates production flow issues to PU lead or Supervisor/Production Team Leader.
- Adheres to break schedule, provides flexibility and break coverage for team members as needed.
- Responsible for proper handling of waste and accurately documenting supportive data relative to waste.
- Responsible for knowing and following safety and compliance procedures by maintaining orderliness within department and maintaining proper hygiene at all times.
- Accountable for learning and applying computer skills, including PC skills in the Windows environment and training new employees as required.
- Performs other duties as required including but not limited to visual inspection of products.
- Will be evaluated for proficiency on the following items:
- Completed all required reading of SOP’s and training guides.
- Understands good housekeeping and safety on the job.
- Understands pinch points and location of e-stops.
- Understands and performs LOTO procedure properly.
- Capable of working safely and proper use of PPE.
- Capable of performing quality inspections (visual).
- Capable of doing dimensional checks (CMM).
- Capable of verifying that machine is running within validated parameters.
- Capable of documenting parameter checks without errors.
- Able to complete all assigned documentation without errors.
- Capable of stopping and starting the IMM’s.
- Capable of start, stop, and resetting of robots.
- Capable of proper cleaning and greasing of molds.
- Reports all problems to the PU Lead in a timely fashion.
Physical Requirements: Physical requirements for a position will vary. These must be reviewed with the supervisor and should be attached here.
- Must be able to work in an environment without daylight / windows.
- Ascends/descends ladders to access machinery.
- Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques, or appropriate assistance.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends.
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required.
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing and crawling.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts to include day and night time hours.
Qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing operating procedures in the field of injection molding and part assembly.
- Requires basic knowledge and understanding of mold design and construction.
- Requires extensive and practical knowledge of different materials and their work ability, especially in the field of thermoplastics.
- Requires team cooperation and ability to prioritize workload to meet customer demands. Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills with peers, leaders, customers, and support groups.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as an individual contributor, team member, and leader.
- Capable of applying planning and allocation skills acquired through education and job experience.
- Safety conscious, following safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
Education and/or Experience. Include the education and/or experience that is necessary to perform the job satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of an Injection Molding Technician Program and/or plastics experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.