Facilities Technician (Recovery/Dissolving)Req # JR - 046922 Location Opelika, Alabama, United States Job Category Maintenance Date posted 10/12/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This position is an integral part of a team that will operate and maintain the ultra-filtration, distillation and dissolving processes for the facility. These are highly specialized processes that require an intensive training period and include daily operation, repair and preventive maintenance of the following systems:
- Feed systems including filtering and tank management.
- Distillation process for water and NMP recovery.
- Handling of NMP and UF waste streams.
- Dissolving operations for polymer and center solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates ultra-filtration, distillation and dissolving processes. Dissolving involves the loading of raw materials by vacuum transfer, mixing and preparing the polymer for use by production. Ultra-filtration and distillation are the recovery processes to recover and reuse the solvent NMP in our Production process.
- Performs preventive, predictive and calibration tasks assigned as SAP work orders and performs periodic maintenance according to written instructions. All results are logged and filed as a permanent record.
- Performs general maintenance and repair activities as required. Unplanned breakdown or repair activities are captured as an unplanned SAP work order and issued. The results are logged and filed as a permanent record.
- Executes all work in accordance with established procedures. Written procedures are followed to perform equipment maintenance and operation.
- Monitors and Operates the Building Management System (BMS). This system is used to control the majority of the utility equipment in the plant. The technician must use his training and knowledge of the BMS system to perform shut downs/start- ups, changing operating modes, etc.
- Must be able to work in an environment without daylight / windows.
- Frequently ascends/descends a ladder to access machinery.
- Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques, or appropriate assistance.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends.
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required.
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing and crawling.
- It involves climbing vertical ladders and stairs to access equipment for service and repair.
- Ability to walk and access all areas of the plant on a scheduled basis of at least 2 times per 12 hour shift.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts to include day and night time hours.
- Able to drive motorized lift equipment for hauling material or lifting personnel to work aloft.
- Able to work at height off a ladder or personnel lift equipment.
- Able to use various hand and power tools in performing daily maintenance duties.
- Troubleshooting experience utilizing a multi-meter and test devices.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of maintenance and preventive maintenance activities.
- Demonstrates a positive, proactive approach to problem solving.
- Team player.
- Work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Technically proficient in mechanical and electrical activities.
- Computer literate.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 year degree- Plant Maintenance Technician or equivalent preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Opelika, AL 36801
United States of America Explore Now