Facilities Recovery/Dissolving TechnicianReq # JR - 018766 Location Opelika, Alabama, United States Job Category Maintenance Date posted 04/18/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Summary: This position is an integral part of a team that will operate and maintain the ultra-filtration, distillation and dissolving processes for the facility. These are highly specialized processes that require an intensive training period.
Daily operation, repair and preventive maintenance of the following:
- Feed systems including filtering and tank management
- Ultra-filtration - - Distillation process for water and NMP recovery
- Handling of NMP and UF waste streams
- Dissolving operations for polymer and center solutions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned): The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Operates ultra-filtration, distillation and dissolving processes. Dissolving involves the loading of raw materials by vacuum transfer, mixing and preparing the polymer for use by production. Ultra-filtration and distillation are the recovery processes to recover and reuse the solvent NMP in our Production process.
- Performs preventive, predictive and calibration tasks assigned as SAP work orders and performs periodic maintenance according to written instructions. All results are logged and filed as a permanent record.
- Performs general maintenance and repair activities as required. Unplanned breakdown or repair activities are captured as an unplanned SAP work order and issued. The results are logged and filed as a permanent record.
- Executes all work in accordance with established procedures. Written procedures are followed to perform equipment maintenance and operation.
- Monitors and Operates the Building Management System (BMS). This system is used to control the majority of the utility equipment in the plant. The technician must use his training and knowledge of the BMS system to perform shut downs/start ups, changing operating modes, etc.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 year degree preferred.
- Plant Maintenance Technician or equivalent preferred.
- Troubleshooting experience utilizing a multi-meter and test devices
- Must possess a good working knowledge of maintenance and preventive maintenance activities
- Demonstrates a positive, proactive approach to problem solving
- Team player - Work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Willingness to travel as required
- Technically proficient in mechanical and electrical activities
- Computer literate Physical / Safety Requirements Physical requirements for a position will vary.
- Must be able to work in an environment without daylight / windows
- Frequently ascends/descends a ladder to access machinery
- Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques, or appropriate assistance
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing and crawling.
- It involves climbing vertical ladders and stairs to access equipment for service and repair
- Ability to walk and access all areas of the plant on a scheduled basis of at least 2 times per 12 hour shift.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts to include day and night time hours
- Able to drive motorized lift equipment for hauling material or lifting personnel to work aloft.
- Able to work at height off a ladder or personnel lift equipment.
- Able to use various hand and power tools in performing daily maintenance duties.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.