Facilities Maintenance Technician (Night Shift)Req # JR - 046934 Location Opelika, Alabama, United States Job Category Maintenance Date posted 08/19/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This position is an integral part of a team that will provide all the outside utilities, media services and material supply required to maintain the manufacturing operation within the clean room area of the facility. The ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member is vitally important. The range of daily tasks will vary from highly technical to routine. All tasks must be performed correctly, efficiently and on time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned):
- Daily operation, repair and preventive maintenance of the following systems:
- Process steam
- Pure steam
- Reverse osmosis water purification
- Compressed air
- Chilled water
- Cooling towers
- Process cooling water
- HVAC-plant wide
- Domestic water
- Steam sterilization
- Granulate prep and delivery
- Solid waste evacuation
- Electrical supply and distribution
- Building upkeep
- Provide material inputs to the clean room as production schedule dictates.
- Ensures a continuous supply of media (air, steam, etc.) required for the production process. Monitors, adjusts, secures and starts up utility equipment as needed. Logs pertinent operating data collected from operating equipment.
- Perform periodic movements of materials for production to the clean room.
- Performs periodic loading of granulate feed stock for injection molding and PUR components for potting operations. Removes and disposes of waste generated within the clean room production.
- Perform preventive, predictive and calibration tasks as assigned. Issued as SAP work orders. Work is performed per written instructions and paperwork is completed and filed as a permanent record of activity.
- Perform general maintenance and repair activities as required. Unplanned break down repairs are documented as an unplanned SAP work order. The activity is documented and filed as a permanent record.
- Executes work in accordance with established procedures. A library of written work instructions are used to perform standard operating and maintenance tasks.
- Generate and document reports on a periodic basis to track the performance of the various plant utility systems.
- Must be able to work in an environment without daylight / windows.
- Frequently ascends/descends a ladder to access machinery.
- Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques, or appropriate assistance.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends.
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required.
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing and crawling.
- Ability to walk and access all areas of the plant on a scheduled basis of at least 2 times per 12 hour shift.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts to include day and night time hours.
- Climbing vertical ladders and stairs to access equipment for service and repair..
- Able to lift 50 lb bags of granulate feed stock and load into hoppers.
- Able to drive motorized lift equipment for hauling material or lifting personnel to work aloft.
- Able to work at height off a ladder or personnel lift equipment.
- Able to use various hand and power tools in performing daily maintenance duties.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Troubleshooting experience utilizing a multi-meter and similar test devices.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of media supply including comprehensive understanding of maintenance and preventive maintenance activities.
- Demonstrates a positive, proactive approach to problem solving.
- Team player. Work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Technically proficient in mechanical and electrical activities. Computer literate.
Education and/or Experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-year degree - Plant Maintenance Technician or equivalent preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Opelika, AL 36801
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now