Operational Excellence and Strategy ManagerReq # JR - 018131 Location Old Toongabbie, New South Wales, Australia Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 03/17/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
We are currently seeking a professional to join the Senior Management team to provide leadership and support ensuring the provision of high-quality services to customers, reporting to the Manufacturing Manager based at our Old Toongabbie campus offering great benefits including onsite free parking, subsides cafeteria, café, gym and many more.
As a core member of the Operational Excellence team, this person will drive OpEx deployment at the plant. The individual should be a strong team player with highly developed communication and presentation skills, with demonstrate experience in driving business process transformation, evaluation or implementation of business processes and assurance practices. You are at home in the world of operational excellence and continuous improvement. You’ll be familiar at managing complex projects with evolving priorities and unexpected barriers, ideally with expertise in running Agile projects. Listed highly amongst your capabilities are commercial acumen, leadership capability and capability development.
- Drive OpEx program deployment at the site
- Work closely with the site management to assist the site in their continuous improvement journey
- Develop a site level OpEx deployment plan including EMS, VIP, Belt Certification Programs, Best Practices Sharing, VAVE, TLA, iCare and others.
- Assists leadership in establishing baseline and target metrics for key processes.
- Work with site leadership in installing organizational supports for Operational Excellence (reviews, communications, rewards, etc.)
- Coach and mentor site Black Belt and Green Belt candidates to ensure timely completion of their quality and/or cost focused projects- ultimately leading to the candidate’s certification
- Must have experience managing teams and developing support programs
- Must have Six Sigma Black Belt certification or Master Black Belt
- Must have a working knowledge of LEAN tools and methodology
- Must be able to function in a team environment.
- Must be able to directly lead and/or co-lead high-impact process improvement projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proven skills working with cross-functional teams.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills. The ability to drive change.
- Excellent reading, writing and verbal communication and platform skills in local language as well as in English.Strong teaching and presentation skills required.
- Strong analytical/statistical problem-solving skills.
- Strong Coaching and Facilitation skills
- BS/BA degree or equivalent degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study. MBA, MS or other technical graduate degree preferred.
- Certified Black Belt, solid knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing principles with a minimum 5 years of business operations and/or plant manufacturing or engineering experience, which includes a minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated process improvement success.
At Baxter we know that people are critical to our success. For this reason, we have a highly supportive culture with focus on developing the careers of our people. The company also promotes an environment to allow autonomy, achievement, collegial support and sharing within a rewarding work environment.
Applications close Monday 30th March 2020
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.