Electrical TradespersonReq # JR - 018941 Location Old Toongabbie, New South Wales, Australia Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 05/07/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Baxter manufacturing are driving for results in a climate of safety first and trust, giving empowerment and accountability to our people and living our mission of saving and sustaining lives. Due to an internal promotion, we have a great opportunity for a qualified Electrical Tradesperson to join our Old Toongabbie team. The main function of this role is to minimize manufacturing plant downtime by efficiency performing corrective and preventive maintenance on production and facilities equipment.
Friday night 11pm to 11am
Saturday night 11pm to 11am
Sunday night 11pm to 11am
In this role, you will be expected to encompass a wide range of responsibilities including:
- Perform electrical diagnosis, repairs and preventative maintenance on plant and related facilities equipment/systems.
- Troubleshoot using knowledge of PLC ladder logic
- Electrically install/connect new or relocated equipment.
- Support plant TPM program by working with production teams and providing electrical expertise and training so that equipment performance is continually improved.
- Assist in keeping equipment documentation and drawings up to date.
- Assist in evaluating new equipment and components.
- Complete maintenance reports to required standards
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance to GMP and Safety requirements.
We would like to hear from you if you are able to demonstrate the following skills and experience
- A current and relevant recognized Electrical Trade Certificate.
- Maintenance installation and project experience
- High speed automated machine experience
- Fault finding ability
- PLC fault experience and some program knowledge
- Knowledge of some/all of robotic, motion control, machine sequencing.
- Electrical/Electronic troubleshooting
- PLC Programming/Trouble-shooting
- PC and software tools
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Working in a Team environment
- Comply with all regulatory requirements of EH & S.
- Comply with all regulatory requirements of G.M.P.
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Apply today and experience a career that matters!
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.