Service EngineerReq # JR - 035879 Location Northampton, England, United Kingdom Job Category Technical Services Date posted 03/26/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Medication Delivery Service Engineer is a member of the UK Technical Services Department delivering technical service & support for UK & Irish (UKI) customers across the Baxter Healthcare portfolio but focussing on the Medication Delivery portfolio of infusion systems and related products.
As an important member of the customer facing part of Baxter Healthcare this role will be responsible for providing a prompt and consistently excellent service for all internal and external UKI Technical Service Customers.
This is an office/workshop-based role and will be predominately based in either the Northampton Technical Service facility dividing time between remote technical support and workshop activities. The role will also be required to travel to customer sites such as hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
- Provide world class support to Baxter Healthcare’s customers at both their and Baxter HealthCare’s facilities. Providing support such as: -
- Remote technical support on primarily Medication Delivery products such as infusion devices and digital connectivity suites but may be required to support other areas as needed.
- Supporting customers on site with, Installing and commissioning or regular maintenance.
- Managing and performing device upgrades both remotely and on a customer’s site.
- Communication with customers & patients concerning their Baxter Healthcare product.
- Organising, managing & performing training to internal or Customer Engineers on Medication Delivery products both within a Baxter Healthcare facility or at a customer site.
- Promote Baxter healthcare by participating in customer demonstrations or other activities to advance the sales of Baxter products or services.
- Provide local project management of technical activities such as device upgrades working alongside colleagues both within Technical Services and within the wider company.
- Support the Commercial activities of both Technical Services and the wider company in tender and other processes.
- Support the digital connectivity of Baxter Healthcare’s Medication Delivery portfolio by Installing devices to the customers wireless or hard-wired network.
- Manage and troubleshoot connectivity issues both during installation and during subsequent repairs.
- Working alongside Digital Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) supporting customers on site & remotely to resolve connectivity breakdowns.
- Prompt completion of all required paperwork, including detailed service reports, recording all required information for all work undertaken.
- Manage assigned spare parts stock levels, test equipment & tools within set targets and ensure accurate recording of the inventory.
- Maintaining other administrative activities within the set time such as completion of monthly reports to record time spent on activities not captured on service reports
- Maintaining all Company assets in good condition
Qualifications and Experience
- Electro- mechanical background supported by a technical qualification (e.g. ONC/HNC) as a minimum.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a customer support engineer, ideally in a healthcare environment.
- Must possess base IT knowledge on general connectivity, network integration of devices, wireless protocols, mobile network technologies, software support and cyber security standards.
- Self-motivated and able to work on customers sites without supervision.
- Confidence in communicating effectively with both customers and internal stakeholders.
- Understand Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and be able to adapt individual working practices to ensure adherence to them.
- Financially astute being able to understand and maximise individual responsibility and contribution to maximise revenue or profitability.
- Be able to identify an opportunity for new business or growth of existing business.
- Ability to be able to interpret complex data (machine generated log files, basic financial, service delivery) in order to direct activities.
- Full UK driving license
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.