Senior Product ManagerReq # JR - 031388 Location Newbury, England Job Category Marketing Date posted 01/13/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapiesare foundin almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Forover 85years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other.This iswhere you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager, to support the high performing Clinical Nutrition part of Baxter Healthcare. This is a field based position covering the UK and Ireland. You will be required to develop, implement and be accountable for short to medium term strategic marketing and operational plans for allocated products. To meet agreed profit, revenue and market share objectives in the short and medium term
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop annual strategic marketing/operational plan outlining key activities and marketing programmes to address the Critical Success Factors and implement approved strategies within agreed budgets.
- Ensure plans/strategies accommodate the changes taking place in the market and respond to customer need.
- Produce short to medium term market share/growth grids for individual products.
- Implement the tactical plan in line with corporate strategic product objectives.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key customers to support current and future objectives.
- Monitor the product’s perceived functional performance and adjust plans accordingly.
- Communicate effectively within the organisation to ensure the motivation and alignment of sales force and other key people in the achievement of product objectives.
- Be the recognised 'Product Champion' by developing and continuously updating knowledge of therapy, product and market.
- Be responsible for developing/adapting promotional material for the local market.
- Anticipate current & future trends in disease management and market environment which are likely to affect the performance and potential of the product including Competitor activity
- Work with European Marketing teams to ensure appropriate communication, alignment and extensive utilisation of available resources and expertise
- Produce sales/production forecasts and monitor progress.
- Monitor and take corrective action for major deviations on plans, strategies, budget management and efficient use of resources.
- Effectively segment key markets and recommend positioning tactics.
- Implement strategies to maximise pricing and product mix opportunities
- Encourage cross-functional input to the planning process
- Conduct relevant market research for the product /therapy area and the market/customer base.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred (Business Marketing - Ideally a Post Graduate Marketing Qualification)
- Experience in Product Management and or Sales
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.