Medical Manager Nutrition UK & IrelandReq # JR - 039567 Location Newbury, England, United Kingdom Job Category Clinical Date posted 05/11/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your role at Baxter:
As a Medical Manager you will provide clinical and technical expertise to all Therapeutic Areas (TA) within Clinical Nutrition and will have clinical knowledge for the entirety of the product line(s) related to these TA’s.
You will be accountable for the definition and implementation of the country medical strategy down-stream from Regional TA, focusing on 3 strategic pillars: Evidence-generation, HCPs education and Key Thought Leaders (KTLs) engagement. You will support the Medical Director for Western Europe (WE) in the development and implementation of the medical affairs vision, mission, strategy, and action plan in full alignment with the business plan.
If you are looking for a place where you choose to work with talented and dynamic people whose primary focus is to save and sustain lives and your work values focus on speed, simplicity, courage and collaboration. Then we would love to hear from you.
What are your responsibilities?
- Provide insight for the definition of the Regional Medical Plan and contribute to its execution
- Act as a regional Champion in Clinical Nutrition, leading projects and initiatives related to this role and working cross-functionally with all functions involved in the project or product development
- Put the patient at the center at the center of everything you do and act in the spirit of highest ethical principles
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the country business strategies and tactics to optimize markets for current and future products and development of rational strategic and tactical medical plans
- Provide clinical expertise for the creation and development of high value-added medical educational programs that support the country strategies and commercial teams’ efforts
- Train the field trainers and sales forces in areas of dissemination of medical knowledge and/or clinical topics to differentiate Baxter products
- Review/approve cluster related advertising and promotional, as well as scientific and educational, materials within the therapeutic area
- Provide input into clinical research strategy and facilitate Phase IV clinical research like registries for launch and licensed products through IIR program and gives input on new product development for successful launch into the marketplace
- Liaison with medical organizations and external subject matter experts (KOL’S) within the scope of the Therapeutic Areas, incorporates HCPs insights and the VOC into the business strategies
- Responsible for creation and facilitation of scientific Advisory Boards and expert meetings
- Maintain knowledge base as to developments and trends in medical sciences and is the scientific expert on clinical nutrition applied into the different therapy area
- Maintain current familiarity of the published medical literature relating to the product lines so that information can be provided to the medical team and business relating to clinical trends and their potential impacts on the product lines
- Responsible for country medical grants and medical budgets management at the country level
- Leads one specific TA at the regional level, in exchange and collaboration with Medical Managers of other clusters, supporting the Regional Medical Director in the definition and implementation of strategies in that TA
- Respond to customer requests for information and clinical in use support in relation to unlicensed PN solutions/compounded PN solutions
- Support local compounding and quality teams with regulatory responses in relation to compounding services e.g. MHRA, HPRA and BP, and with field corrective actions and notices
- Support homecare service with clinical risk and impact assessments for serious patient safety incidents, providing clinical support for discussions with HCPs and patients when required
We are presently seeking people who have:
- MD (Medical Doctor) and/or PhD and/or equally academic qualified healthcare professional. Degree in medical/natural science (PhD, MD) is preferred
- 5+ years post graduate experience within the health care industry is preferred
- Knowledge and clinical experience on nutritional support is an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal English mandatory
- Solid scientific background. Ability to understand, analyze, disseminate, and discuss scientific evidence and complex medical information
- Comprehension of relevant clinical and regulatory requirements including ideally GCP. Clinical trial experience is beneficial
- Recent or ongoing work in a clinical position is desirable, and strong knowledge of the NHS functioning
- Experience with literature review, synthesis, and analysis
- Experience in public presentation and teaching capabilities required
- Excellent customer approach with ability to quickly build strong and reliable relationships including with key thought leaders.
- Computer literacy and Windows Office tools skills
What are some of the benefits of working at Baxter?
- Competitive total compensation package
- Professional development opportunities
- High importance placed on work life balance
- Commitment to growing and developing an inclusive and diverse workforce
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.039567