Field Service EngineerReq # JR - 022243 Location Newbury, England, United Kingdom Job Category Technical Services Date posted 06/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
We are currently looking for an experienced Field Service Engineer. The ideal person will be located in close proximity to cover the Aylesbury, Luton and Stevenage locations.
You will be required to effectively deliver a complete technical service and support for all equipment supported by Baxter, across a wide portfolio of medical equipment.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Commissioning and installing machines at Baxter or Customer sites
- Effectively servicing broad range of machines in accordance with manufacturers and local UK requirements
- Efficiently diagnosing faults and repairing machines
- Connect, manage, trouble shoot, and help resolve lower level device integration and network connectivity problems with connected devices.
- Flexibly providing emergency cover and undertaking emergency maintenance on site contributing to the overall team capacity
- Completion of detailed service reports recording all required information for all work undertaken.
- Maintaining accurate stock records for all inventory held and managing inventory levels to deliver a high first time fix rate
- Maintaining complete monthly reports to record time spent on activities not captured on service reports
- Representing the Company in a professional and service-oriented manner
- Maintaining all Company assets in good condition
- Providing support and coaching to customers where required
- Proactively maintaining and extending own and others skill base and technical knowledge through personal development and training
- Electro-mechanical engineering background supported by a technical qualification (e.g. ONC/HNC)
- Previous experience as a Field Service Engineer (Medical industry preferred)
- Experience of working in a highly customer driven organisation
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.