Corporate CounselReq # JR - 024848 Location Newbury, England, United Kingdom Job Category Legal Date posted 08/19/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The position will report to the Associate General Counsel EMEA to help ensure the company’s Ethics and Compliance Program provides employees with clear policies, high-impact education and counseling, and efficient systems so that they may achieve their business goals consistent with the law and the company’s standards, values and expectations.
- Partner with Business Units and countries in order to increase business and functional ownership of Baxter’s E&C Program;
- Partner with Business and country leaders to “Integrate E&C in everything we do”, support and participate in the local Ethics & Compliance Committees which are a cornerstone of Baxter’s E&C Program, in order to drive the operationalization of Baxter’s E&C Program by integrating it into the day-to-day business strategy and operational activities;
- Support middle management driven E&C discussions covering local challenges and needs, spot risks and propose alternative workable solutions in order to drive individual ownership and accountability;
- Partner with senior and middle management to lead by example, and share E&C messages and learning with the entire organization and especially field force in order to cascade the importance of E&C down in the organization, change people’s mindset and behavior and hence strengthen Baxter’s Culture of Integrity;
- Provide compliance counseling to internal Business Units and Corporate Functions on a wide range of anti-corruption, regulatory matters and legal matters, and help Business Units and Corporate Functions design and conduct training as necessary;
- Drive awareness and the importance of compliance and identify areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and undertake corrective plans to resolve the issues;
- Perform special assignments or projects as assigned;
- Support internal investigations of allegations of potential violations of company policy or the law;
- Support the implementation of the Third party due diligence program addressing local risks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Law Degree from a recognized institution;
- Professional experience; Healthcare and international experience strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of and experience with anti-corruption and anti-bribery regulation;
- Fluency in English is required; good command of other languages is highly appreciated.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES AND TRAITS
- Unquestioned integrity and ethics in business and personal conduct;
- Excellent oral communication and inter-personal skills to inspire and influence employees at every level to embrace Baxter’s Ethics and Compliance initiatives;
- Proactive in ‘reaching-out’ to people in providing advice as well as adopts a ‘open-communication’ style towards others;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and drive results;
- Strong legal skills and mature judgment;
- Multicultural interpersonal skills;
- Business oriented, savvy advisor;
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.