Field Service Engineer (Cork and South East ROI)Req # JR - 092785 Location Navan, Leinster, Ireland Job Category Technical Services Date posted 03/21/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Field Engineer is responsible for the service activity on products supplied by Baxter (Patient Support Systems, PSS) in the defined geographical area(Cork and South East of ROI). They will need to undertake their duties in compliance with assigned Company procedures (e.g. Control of Service Documentation, Environmental Health & Safety).
- Install, service, repair and maintain products, distributed by Baxter/Hillrom in the defined area of responsibility as per the defined service documentation and the quality system framework.
- Establish & maintain timely customer communications & relationships, along with other key stakeholders (e.g. team members and business units).
- Report all relevant service activity, ensuring updated and accurate service data in the service system (all work orders should be opened within the same day & closed within 10 day).
- Responsible for maintaining and documenting the assigned calibration equipment
- Provide technical support for in-bound calls from customer & patients, document the job on the system and undertake the relevant actions.
- Maintain up-to-date technical competence in assigned products by successfully completing the relevant training and development.
- Identify opportunities for new business or business growth for products & services, and escalate to the relevant stakeholders (e.g. account managers, Inside Sales).
- Review KPIs regularly and adapt the working practices to ensure service level is maximised
- HNC/HND or equivalent level qualification in the relevant engineering field (e.g medical technology, electronic, mechanical) would be advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Excel)
- Good technical problem solving skills
- Basic level of commercial awareness would be advantageous
- Good administration skills
- In-depth level of practical experience in the relevant technical/engineering discipline with measured KPIs
- Demonstrable experience in meeting business critical timeframes and deadlines
- Successful experience in maintaining continuous professional development
- Successful experience in managing and engaging with customers
- Good IT knowledge on general connectivity, network integration of devices, wireless protocols, mobile network technologies, software support and cyber security standards would be advantageous.
- Full UK/Ireland driving licence
“What are some of our benefits of working at Baxter?
- Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Baxter is committed to growing and developing an inclusive and diverse workforce – you can read more about our specific values here https://www.baxter.com/careers/inclusion-diversity.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Ireland Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now