Coordinator Buying & PlanningReq # JR - 069348 Location Navan, Leinster, Ireland Job Category Supply Chain Date posted 05/24/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Overall Purpose of the role:
Thorough understanding of a Logistics operational process, will provide support within Baxter guidelines to all areas of the operation. Will assist in defining & supporting materials management, warehousing & customer Services processes and solutions for new and existing business. Ensures smooth transaction processing involving business co-ordination at various levels. Provides support and advice to Sales, Customer Services, Vendors and External Logistics providers on Logistical operational issues and proposes solutions. Takes an active role New Product Introductions with respect to demand management, forecasting and vendor interaction. Develops efficiencies in the materials area in line in Lean principles.
Principal Duties/ Responsibilities:
In your role you will be responsible for ensuring accurate processing of all demand management tasks within the team ensuring that all warehouses management tasks are been supported, this includes but is not limited to the monitoring of open Sales Orders versus material availability, working on the exceptions, liaising with the logistics, CS and Finance groups, supporting NPI and lean initiatives and maintaining/reporting metrics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Interfacing with other departments and Managers to resolve problems (Customer Service, Finance and Engineering).
- Maintain regular communication with vendors.
- Support internal and external customers and team members regarding issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Participate in Value Stream Mapping and highlighting Kaizen bursts as a method of identification of Lean project opportunities within the department to help create an environment of continuous improvement.
- Maintain materials as the central contact for all updates regarding shipment readiness and status.
- Communicate all ship requirements to Freight forwarders.
- Provide proactive and informative feedback on issues or situations, which affect customer support and satisfaction.
- Continually work to improve quality, delivery and costs through programs which improve overall quality of vendors, clearly defining requirements with vendors and negotiating more favorable terms with existing vendors.
- Review open requirements, monitor vendor performance and expediting where necessary.
- Assure problems relating to deliver, quality or pricing are promptly conveyed to the vendor and resolved in a timely manner.
- Design processes/reports to improve operational performance. Participate in process improvements including cost reduction.
- Purchasing materials from external & internal Suppliers ensuring supply is not interrupted Inventory
- Maintain and develop stock programs.
- Analyze/adjust inventory levels to coincide with lead time changes.
- Monitor daily order activity and take appropriate action so that service commitments are met and customers are kept informed of the status of their orders. Implement, maintain, and update supplier forecast (internal and external) in SAP.
- Develop, maintain and verify metrics in support of key performance indicators. Assist in root cause inventory discrepancy analysis resolution ensuring effective closed loop action process in operation.
- Verify orders and communicate requirements to the Supplier. Undertake daily reconciliation of receipts with the supplier and ensure timely resolution of all receiving discrepancies.
- Ensure all Logistics tasks are acted on in a timely accurate manner and according to the current process in order to meet customer and operations lead-time requirements.
- Mentor and develop individuals in the materials area. In line with Corporate and Global Ops Objectives develop, set and monitor AWP’s.
- Maintain all processes and procedures within the corporate “Quality Management System” and apply the tools provided within this system to assist in the management of Vendors, Non conforming material, Receiving Inspection plans, purchasing etc Such other duties or projects as may be determined from time to time.
The ideal candidate should have 3/5 years’ experience in a similar role with a higher level qualification in Logistics or Materials Management. You should have strong analytical skills along with excellent negotiation and communication skills. This person should be confident in dealing with colleagues at all levels and external suppliers. The role will require the ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities. A dynamic, enthusiastic and level headed person is required for this job. The work environment is a changing, dynamic environment, where a need to adapt to change easily, show flexibility, prioritization, organization and time management skills are a pre-requisite.
- Experience and knowledge of External Logistics provider management. Working knowledge of Shipping / Export documentation an advantage.
- Demonstrated interpersonal flexibility and strong team skills. Strong organisational skills and ability to plan and manage own work effort. Proven ability to exercise good judgement. Reputation of being results and quality driven.
- Excellent oral and written communication ability. Evidence of research and problem solving skills.
- Proficient keyboard and computer skills including excellent knowledge of Excel and MS Word, or equivalent spreadsheet, and word processing applications. Knowledge of SAP or similar order management and processing systems.
- Numerate and accurate, particularly in relation to data entry, document processing and data integrity.
Normal hours of business are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. You are required to be flexible around these hours, as the business serves markets in various time zones. You will be required to travel to visit other sites and attend regional / international meetings.
The position will be based in Welch Allyn, Navan, Co Meath.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Ireland Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now