Operator II (All Shifts)Req # JR - 024771 Location Mountain Home, Arkansas, United States Additional Locations 40 Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 07/20/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs some (up to all) of the following tasks: checking measurements, performing die adjustments, performing visual inspections, cleaning equipment and area, making labels, packaging and labeling rolls, palletizing, using batch trace, wrapping/moving finished product, monitoring process, completing changeovers, completing screen changes, completing die cleaning, updating batch boards, discarding scrap, operating forklift, creating/maintaining/verifying documentation, and cover other operators to allow for breaks.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for quality and productivity of assigned line(s).
- Must have basic computer skills, basic math skills, the ability to read and understand job instructions, and basic knowledge of tools.
- Must be able to write legibly and use a numbering system.
- May be required to operate forklift based on specific line responsibilities.
- Must understand and obey all safety rules and be able to perform all job tasks in a safe and timely manner.
- Must be willing to work overtime on weekends and off shift to cover absentees and vacations on other shifts.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- TABE and 4-Cast training will be sufficient if completed prior to May 2010; otherwise, minimum score of Silver on the Career Readiness Certificate is required or BaxTech/SWAT in lieu of CRC.
- Industrial/Mechanical experience and knowledge of extrusion preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and respectfully with all levels of personnel in area/plant.
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Requires walking, lifting a minimum of 35 lbs., lifting above head, bending, twisting, pushing, stretching, squatting, pulling, reaching, standing, climbing, and carrying. Must be able to safely operate a forklift.
- Must pass forklift physical.
- Will work around heat and fumes.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.