Material Handler 1 - D ShiftReq # JR - 029235 Location Mountain Home, Arkansas, United States Job Category Material Handler Date posted 10/16/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Loads material into and out of the warehouse and distributes material to the various departments and workstations using forklifts, pallet jack handtrucks, and carts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned):
- Performs some (up to all) of the following tasks: transporting/delivering materials, packing parts, cleaning breaker pins/bushings and breaker plates, supplying machines, discarding scrap, ordering materials, wrapping pallets, making boxes, setting up bins, draining hoppers, loading/unloading materials into and out of shipping containers, performing inventory management using batch trace, operating forklift, creating/maintaining/verifying documentation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Qualifications):
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have the ability to read and understand job instructions.
- Must be able to write legibly and use a numbering system.
- Must be able to operate forklift and pallet jack.
- Must be willing to work overtime on weekends and off shift to cover absentees and vacations on other shifts.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and respectfully with all levels of personnel in area/plant.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Industrial experience preferred.
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Requires walking, lifting a minimum of 35 lbs., bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, reaching, standing, climbing, and carrying parts.
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift/motorized vehicle.
- Must pass forklift physical.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.