Field Service Technician IReq # JR - 070417 Location Moorestown, New Jersey, United States Job Category Technical Services Date posted 08/09/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned:
Attend monthly safety meetings.
Demonstrate a proactive approach to safety awareness and compliance.
Successfully complete all required safety and compliance learning modules on a timely basis.
Complete medical testing in a timely manner.
Sustain a clean and safe work environment, including 5S activities.
Safely operate a fleet vehicle ranging in size from a cargo van up to a 26,000 pound truck.
Identify safety concerns and correct as necessary.
Ability to lift and carry up to 65 pounds using appropriate processes, including proper safety and ergonomic procedures.
· Delivery & Removal
Ability to load, unload, deliver, and remove wheeled medical products, weighing up to 1680 pounds, to and from customer accounts, unassisted using appropriate processes and safety techniques.
Ability to move and maneuver medical products within Baxter service centers, healthcare facilities, and private homes, unassisted using appropriate processes and safety techniques.
Ability to maneuver and secure medical products within truck beds, unassisted using appropriate processes and safety techniques.
Ability to perform constant sitting for up to 4 hours in combination with high levels of vibration while driving a fleet vehicle.
Ability to assist nursing staff in transferring patients from existing beds onto medical products or interim stretchers.
· Repair & Maintenance
Ability to perform sweeping, mopping, and all other general “housekeeping” duties.
Ability to troubleshoot and complete minor repairs to Baxter products to correct problems pertaining to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or cosmetic features, unassisted.
Ability to perform routine cleaning & maintenance procedures on various Baxter products.
Ability to perform pre-installation maintenance, including ‘preventive maintenance’ and ‘between patient inspection’ and modification procedures on various Baxter products, unassisted, to include:
Ability to visually, audibly, and manually inspect Baxter products for electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or cosmetic problems requiring adjustment or repair.
§ Ability to utilize the appropriate tools in making required adjustments and repairs.
Ability to monitor the readings of electronic meters and gauges.
Ability to provide on-call coverage, up to 24/7 basis including weekends and holidays, which may require customer account visits.
Ability to adapt to a constantly changing daily schedule of activities.
Ability to exercise sound judgment in order to plan and organize effectively to satisfy customer demands.
Ability to endure high levels of stress caused by various customer demands, scheduling conflicts, driving conditions, and other factors beyond the control of the Field Service Tech I.
Ability to complete written documents (records, reports, and forms) for internal, regulatory, and project documentation.
Ability to read and comprehend (in English) technical bulletins pertaining to the repair and maintenance of Baxter products.
Ability to navigate a various electronic devices (i.e. PC, smart phone, tablet, etc.), the Internet and other applications to obtain and enter information. Complete data analysis and interpretation as required.
· Present and Train
Ability to conduct effective, oral presentations of information to customers and coworkers to conduct:
In-service training sessions to hospital staff and caregivers
Participation in team meetings
Feedback of field activities
Cross-training of coworkers to complete both service center and field functions
Supervisory responsibilities include:
· This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Applicable technical or trade school training preferred
· Experience working with medical devices and/or FDA regulated products preferred
· Previous mechanical/hands-on experience preferred
· Previous driving/delivery experience preferred
· Adapts to new technologies and is comfortable with the Microsoft Office Suite of products
· Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company standards and state requirements
· Ability to obtain and maintain a DOT physical card required
· Schedule flexibility/on-call
· Occasional overnight travel may be required
· Occasional overtime required
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to manage time effectively
· Ability to resolve conflict
· Ability to read, comprehend, interpret, analyze, and apply technical information including but not limited to technical manuals, technical bulletins, schematics, etc.
· Effectively present information both verbal and written in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
· Basic mathematical skills related to calculating/analyzing weights and measures, volume, distance, etc.
NOTE: The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation
· Please refer to the Physical Demands Supplement for complete physical requirements of this position
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· Must wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to safety shoes, eye protection, gloves, and protective clothing. Gloves supplied include both latex and non-latex materials.
· Frequently works in environments were biohazards could be present. i.e. Hospitals, Service Centers, and Depots
· Must comply with Baxter infection control policies
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
MOORESTOWN, NJ 08057
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now