Sr Spec, Supply Chain PlanningReq # JR - 057127 Location Miyazaki, Miyazaki, Japan Job Category Supply Chain Date posted 12/22/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the generation of the replenishment requirements utilizing the demand signal, on-hand inventory and inventory targets that deliver a comprehensive network supply plan across the supply chain organization, to meet all financial requirements, operational capabilities, and wholesalers service objectives for assigned Business Unit.
- Undertaking analytics and identifying process improvements managing a defined product portfolio.
- The Network Planner recommends changes to the network supply plan when deemed necessary over the planning horizon. Changes are to be governed through sales and operations execution (S&OE) and planning (S&OP) process.
- Communicates and interacts with demand planners, customer management, network supply planning supervisor, sales, and finance to provide replenishment plans and exception-based reporting for assigned BU. Makes recommendations on actions needed to meet actual and forecasted demand.
- Supports the Supply Planning team with new product introductions and product conversions.
- Reports Key Performance Indicators for their given Business Unit complete with process improvement initiatives and prioritizes tasks and deliverables in a timeline intense environment.
- Supports the Sr. Network Supply Planner to drive continuous improvement efforts to improve performance on all key metrics, including service targets and network inventory levels.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, & problem-solving skills required
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills including experience with statistical analysis and data modeling.
- Must be proficient in data gathering and quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including business process metrics and measures linking to business KPIs.
- Experience with planning tools, business intelligence tools & business analytics software Accustomed to using a variety of technology tools and applications to support daily work including Rapid Response.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office applications, Excel and PowerPoint a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with co-workers, related internal functions, external partners, and on project teams.
- Process improvement & demonstrated results turn-around a plus. Customer management skills and experience a plus
- Solid, straightforward, and professional oral and written communication skills, including presenting data and analysis clearly to management.
- Ability to work with all levels and functions within the Company, and with external business partners.
- APICS certification a plus.
- Self-directed and possess a sense of urgency.
- Meets deadlines and work under pressure, with limited supervision.
- Well-organized and high level of attention to detail.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.A./B.S. Supply Chain, Operations or a business-related field
- Experience in an end-to-end supply chain role and experience in production planning, supply chain planning, or logistics.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Japan Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now