Head, ManufacturingReq # JR - 031779 Location Miyazaki, Miyazaki Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 12/16/2020
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Responsible for delivering manufactured products and inter-plant services that meet safety, quality, cost and on-time delivery goals in support of associated business objectives. Accountable for planning, organizing and controlling the manufacturing and support activities at the site to produce quality products on time and competitively in compliance with regulatory requirements. Drive manufacturing standardization and process improvements at resident site, other sites doing similar work, and manufacturing operations upstream/downstream of site to achieve network optimization. Continuously develop and upgrade talent at site to meet growing demands of business. Support requests to assist in recovery or transformational efforts at other plants throughout network.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding plant financial goals and key operating performance targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Responsible for plant’s compliance with all regulatory policies. Determine plant policies consistent with Corporate requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement of site operations through a formal program, resources, metrics and accountability.
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting and motivating leaders to lead the various aspects of the operation. Assess, develop and manage top talent to engage and retain team members and meet business objectives. Assess key strengths and skill gaps of the talent pipeline. Lead, motivate and coach direct reports to do the same.
- Report operational performance monthly and take actions to address misses. Establish communication operation mechanism to keep senior leadership informed of both leading and lagging performance and act to address.
- Create a culture within the plant to maintain compliance with Environment, Health & Safety requirements and a zero-harm workplace.
- Interact regularly with senior management on matters concerning functional areas and/or customers. Frequently interact with other plant managers and technology groups within the Corporation and contract vendors outside the Corporation.
- Develop and own three-year site capital plan and drive execution to support ongoing business as well as expansion opportunities.
- Liaise with Global Procurement for optimization of raw material suppliers, supplier score card measures and action plans, and cost reduction goals. Liaise with R&D to support new product development plans and ensure adequate support of NPD program to achieve target launch dates.
- Direct the development and establishment of essential technical manufacturing processes to accommodate the introduction of new products into the facility. Ensure use of standard equipment and processes as defined by the corporate engineering group.
- Partner with commercial team on developing portfolio life cycle management program.
- Undergraduate degree in Science, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field required. Graduate degree (MBA) preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in manufacturing function(s) and 4 years’ experience in plant manufacturing operation of a facility
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.