Tax and Treasury ManagerReq # JR - 024306 Location Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Additional Locations 37.5 Job Category Finance Date posted 07/31/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Manager of Tax and Treasury has broad responsibility for Canadian income tax planning for Canadian entities including involvement with any acquisitions, risk management amalgamations or divestitures as required. This individual is also responsible for the administration of the Baxter global transfer pricing policy as it relates to Baxter Canada, and for income tax related reporting to the International Tax Group in Deerfield, USA.
- Act as primary company resource and liaison with all areas of Baxter Canada in regard to all income and commodity tax related matters including income, Non-resident withholding (Part XIII, Regulation 105), and sales taxes.
- Recommend tax status for any new Baxter products to charge correct sales tax based on sales tax legislation for medical devices and drugs
- For the corporate income tax, duties include organizing the collection of the information, researching issues, and ensuring the finalized returns are fully referenced and documented to the extent required for external audit purposes.
- Prepare tax journal entries where required and ensure trial balance properly reflects tax and pension balances.
- Accountable for the preparation of the income tax and related internal year-end audit schedules as well as the internal international tax reporting package (Tax Kit).
- Accountable for filing of accurate and timely corporate income tax installments, quarterly non-resident withholding tax remittances, non-resident withholding tax returns.
- For transfer pricing, work with external firm to update the contemporaneous documentation and working with the inventory team in preparation for the global spring and fall transfer pricing reviews with International Tax Group in the Deerfield, USA.
- Responsible for responding to formal requests for information from various income and taxing authorities and leading any meetings with income tax authorities dealing with income tax matters. Coordinate audit reviews by CRA and various provincial tax authorities, review audit findings and ensure minimum assessments through research and discussion. Calculate annual Thin-capitalization amounts and coordinate maximum dividend payment to parent companies.
- This role has one direct report, you will provide coaching and feedback to the Senior Finance Analyst to ensure ongoing individual / team development and the attainment of performance objectives via regular coaching and feedback sessions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- detail orientation, excellent communication and documentation skills,
- high level of relationship management capability,
- strong organization and prioritization skills,
- ability to work independently
- excel computer skills, ERP (JDE) and tax preparation software experience (Tax Prep)
- CRA audit experience
- proven ability to adapt and be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- University degree and accounting designation
- CICA Income Tax In-Depth accounting, audit, corporate tax, finance
- 4 years CA firm corporate tax experience with some industry experience
Chartered Accountants of Canada (CA) - Other
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.