Pharmacy SupervisorReq # JR - 037289 Location Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Job Category Clinical Date posted 03/29/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
As a Pharmacy Supervisor you will report to the Senior Manager, Pharmacy operations and will supervise the operations team at the Mississauga site. You will monitor, coordinate and oversee the daily activities of pharmacy assistant and compounding technician staff at the CIVA admixing facility.
Your responsibilities in the role as a Pharmacy Supervisor:
Support technician staff by supporting admixing duties as required:
- Supervise daily admixing activities (antibiotic, TPN, oncology, narcotics) while ensuring compliance with CIVA SOP’s, GMP and sterile admixing procedures and principles
- Support validation, calibration and microbiological monitoring
- Ensure robust communication of performance versus target
- Lead/initiate/participate in continuous improvement projects to improve compliance, customer service and cost
Supervise the daily activities of the support and technical staff and ensure quality parameters and customer demands are met:
- Be the key liaison between Management and the cleanroom during production
- Maintain orderly work processes by coordinating work flows, work quality and adherence to Baxter’s established practices and procedures
- Build an environment that supports cooperation and cohesiveness with the team and other Baxter teams
- Resolve day to day operational issues
Talent management and operations:
- Support and coach your team to achieve high performance
- Facilitate regular ACE catch ups with direct reports
- Manage Recruitment activities for Technicians and train new and existing technicians
- Manage the payroll and scheduling of all direct reports
Education and experience:
- 3 + Years leadership experience in pharmacy / aseptic/ hospital
- Excellent multi-tasking/motivation/influencing capability
- Undergraduate Science University Degree
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.