Depot Technician (Intern)Req # JR - 024238 Location Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Additional Locations 37.5 Job Category Administrative Date posted 07/20/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Under the general direction of a Supervisor or Group Leader, the Depot Service Technician performs required activities to return inbound Baxter and customer owned assets from a failed state back to fully functional and operational in accordance with product specifications. These activities include, but may not be limited to, product decontamination, evaluation, complaint investigation, repair / refurbishment, testing and packaging to ready the product for return to stock or to the originating customer.
Performs essential functions in support of the Global Services franchise and Baxter business unit, including, but not limited to:
- Troubleshoot complex electromechanical failures to determine root cause
- Perform electromechanical repair, refurbishment and assembly
- Set up and execute device test plans and test cases based upon requirements; execute both functional and performance based tests to determine root cause of inbound device returns and to verify functional integrity of devices during final test
Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOPs, organizational policies and procedures, and department specific requirements; responsible for maintaining function assets including equipment, tools, and materials
Requires sound analytical and critical thinking skills, deep understanding and familiarity with quality control procedures and solid troubleshooting skills.
Performs other duties as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- SERVICING SKILLS - Demonstrates solid understanding of procedures, techniques, tools, materials and equipment appropriate to area of specialization
- COMPUTER SKILLS - Proficient PC skills and the ability to apply these tools to support job activities. Experience with automated testing tools
- QUALITY FOCUS - Knowledge of Quality principals, methods, tools and standards of testing using statistical rationale; sound understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Candidate should have written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient in Good Documentation Practices and standards.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Able to do perform mathematical calculations associated with technical analysis, problem solving and reporting.
- REASONING ABILITY - Technical orientation with ability to analyze problems and develop sound solutions
- HS Diploma
- Technical certification, such as a BMET or 3 years of industry related experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a product servicing environment, preferably in the Medical Device industry
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.