Clinical SpecialistReq # JR - 047074 Location Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Job Category Commercial Operations Date posted 11/18/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
As a Clinical Specialist you will be responsible for providing clinical expertise and driving enhanced value through collaboration with Medication Delivery customers. This role will focus on influencing clinical practice and operational efficiencies based on evidence-based best practice related to the delivery of intravenous therapies. In this role you will assist customers to incorporate evidence based standards & guidelines into clinical practice with a goal to improve clinical outcomes. Through the use of Baxter’s Clinical Programs, the Clinical Specialist proactively implements facility wide assessments and report recommendations, leads clinical implementations and training, conducts simulations and trials as required and ultimately accelerates the safe adoption and use of Baxter products. You will be a integrated member of the Account Management Team to ensure alignment of Clinical Services activities with strategic business priorities to develop, sustain & grow the business for the long-term.
Customer-focused Clinical Program Management
- Build & maintain long term relationships with key clinical customers (Nursing, Pharmacy, Infection Control, Risk Management, Professional Practice, Oncology, Anesthesia)
- Execute value-added clinical programs to help customers improve clinical outcomes and achieve their accreditation goals
- Conduct clinical needs assessments, analyze data, develop and present recommendations to customers, implement and evaluate product conversions and support follow up activities with measurable outcomes
- Identify & communicate customer insights toward the development of marketing programs
Clinical Account Management
- Ensure alignment with Marketing & Sales in the development of regional priorities
- Coordinate the implementation plan of Clinical Programs, product evaluations and product conversions with account team members
- Leverage the Clinical Trainers as an adjunct value-add to customer intimacy
- Maintain knowledge of IV therapy, vascular access and infusion technology trends and competitive threats through active participation in regional associations (i.e., CVAA chapters)
- Remain abreast of updated standards, recommendations and guidelines by influential associations (i.e., INS, CDC, AVA, RNAO)
- Utilize evidence-based research to support all clinical practice recommendations to customers
- Attend relevant professional practice conferences in support of customer involvement and professional development
Education and experience:
- Registered Nurse with an undergraduate degree in Nursing
- 5 plus years clinical experience in an acute hospital setting
- Adult critical care
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Self motivated
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Bilingual is preferred
- Advanced IV therapy
- Based Ontario or Ottawa
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Mississauga, ON L5N0C2
Canada Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now