Cleanroom TechnicianReq # JR - 026570 Location Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Job Category Clinical Date posted 08/27/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The incumbent will be responsible for picking and preparing CIVA batch components for the cleanroom(s). Perform aseptic compounding activities (I.E. antibiotics, chemotherapy, Total Parental Nutrition (TPN), narcotics) within the cleanroom while performing environmental monitoring. Label and package CIVA finished products for dispatch and perform other duties as required.
- Perform compounding activities while ensuring full compliance with CIVA SOP’s, including daily environmental monitoring, and maintain excellent aseptic practices/behaviours within the cleanroom environment.
- Pick and prepare batch components for CIVA cleanroom(s). Label and pack CIVA finished products for dispatch and perform other duties as required.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Science or relevant field
- Pursuing registration as a Pharmacy Technician (RPhT) with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP)
- Successful completion of the PEBC evaluation exam or graduation from a CCAPP Accredited Pharmacy Technician Education Program
Major Subjects / Specialties
- Aseptic technique knowledge
- In depth familiarity of antibiotics, TPN, narcotics and chemotherapy compounding principles
- Understanding of cleanroom requirements, behaviours and activities
- Biological Safety Cabinet (BSC) and Laminar Flow (LAF) cabinet knowledge
- Microbiology knowledge
- GMP knowledge
- Solid background in USP
Type of Experience
- Pharmacy experience
- Hospital and/or retail pharmacy experience
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing or related industry experience
- Cleanroom experience
- 1 – 2 years
- 2 + years
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional decision making abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work all shifts (mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Able to lift approximately 30 lbs. regularly throughout the day
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to stand for extended periods throughout the day
- Strong computer skills
- Must be able to follow and retain detailed standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Excellent attendance and punctuality history
- Must be able to show drive and a sense of urgency to achieving production deadlines
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.