Bilingual Customer Care RepresentativeReq # JR - 021853 Location Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Job Category Administrative Date posted 06/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Bilingual Customer Care Representative applies subject matter expertise and technical subject matter expertise to the customer service back office functions in order to ensure gold standard customer service is delivered to both institution and home patient customers/patients. The incumbent serves as first point of customer contact regarding such matters as order management, product complaints, service complaints, adverse events, and general inquiries. Responsible for initial intake, documentation, and distribution of customer need as required. Provides independent resolution to moderately complex inquiries and responsible for investigation of problems related to shipment of products, returns, credits and orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides first point of contact for all customer inquiries and product/service complaints through phone, fax, email, or online.
• Provides first point of contact for order entry for both institution and Home Patient.
• Thoroughly documents all inquiries in adherence with company procedures.
• Redirects complex or specialized concerns to appropriate team for follow up (e.g. – medical inquiries, technical product support) when applicable
• Expedites customer orders as required.
• May provide guidance and training to department new hires
• Investigates and resolves problems related to shipment of products, returns, credits, and orders.
• Handle processing and issuing credits for returns.
• Sets-up new patients as per key requirements, maintains other records, and prepares customer required reports
• Patent management for inbound and international travel requirements
• Supports resolution of errors within GFax and EDI transactions
• Manages cycler deployment process
• Manage sample export and input order
• Prepares key customer/patient metric reports and resolves
• Resolves customer questions, and handles requests, where judgment and initiative are required to resolve and/or make recommendations.
• Perform initial data collection for product complaints and adverse events which may include:
- Evaluate complaint for need to investigate and coordinate sample retrieval
- Provide complainants resolutions (written or verbal) communication for known issues
- Notification to third parties of product complaint
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in life science, health science, or related discipline.
Type of Education
- Health Sciences
Type of Experience
- Customer Service experience
- Health Care Industry
- Basic knowledge of broad supply chain activities
Years of Experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in customer service and administrative tasks.
- 5 years of customer service experience and administrative tasks.
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Analytical and business problem solving skills
- Ability to facilitate and manage change
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to ask the right questions and lead conversations.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of professionals (RNs, patients, other medical professionals).
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Strong orientation for metrics
- Proficient level of Baxter product and therapy knowledge.
- Bilingual in French and English, Written and Verbal
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Motivating & Developing Others
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Customer Focus
- Quickly identify process gaps and standard requirements and make recommendations to manager
- Triage and resolution of escalated customer issues
- Ability to multi-task in an extremely fast paced environment
- Able to adapt/be flexible when faced with unforeseen issues/requirements in role
- Ability to quickly resolve critical system issues and to help identify the root cause.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.