Field Service Technician II - MemphisReq # JR - 021284 Location Memphis, Tennessee, United States Job Category Technical Services Date posted 05/04/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOPs, equipment, policies and procedures
- Provide dialysis/apheresis instrumentation installation
- Completes installations and repair services within time requirements established by service management
- Provide contract preventative maintenance in accordance with published procedures
- Successfully completes instrumentation training at Baxter training facility
- Provide on-site clinical instrumentation in service
- Provide on-site technical instrumentation in service
- Schedules service calls with customers in accordance with current procedures published by national and regional management
- Provides installation and repair service within time requirements established by service management
- Study for and pass BONENT exam, as determined by product line.
- Extensive travel, up to 50% overnight travel.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in a related field. Minimum of 0-2 years of relevant experience or education. In lieu of degree, more than 0-4 years field service experience.
- Familiar with data analysis concepts and tools such as Excel
- Basic knowledge of relational databases
- IT knowledge on general connectivity, network integration of devices, wireless protocols, mobile network technologies, software support and cyber security standards
- Understanding the interoperability of devices which share, store and provide access to electronic health information in EMR/HER/HIS/CIS
- Understanding in Healthcare IT standards and loT technologies
- Excellent Communication
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and draw accurate conclusions based on available information
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.