Senior Research Associate - Nutrition On-Market Solutions (R&D)Req # JR - 005347 Location Marsa, Il-Marsa Job Category Research and Development Date posted 12/27/2019
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Senior Research Associate - Nutrition On-Market Solutions R&D
Role and responsibilities
You will be joining a group of technical experts (SMEs) and project managers responsible for the continuity, quality, compliance & profitability of on-market products in the Clinical Nutrition portfolio.
Specifically, you will:
- Support/manage lifecycle and operational activities for the Clinical Nutrition Solutions On-Market team, such as routine and complex supplier notice of changes (SNCs), change control records, product code obsolescence and product end of life (EOL) activities in addition to general technical administrative tasks.
- Support/manage market enhancements and operational improvements, in addition to improvement activities associated with the design, manufacturing and control of Nutrition products.
- Support the metrics system to track the progress of operational activities and critical KPIs.
- Adhere to the Quality Systems, understand and apply applicable corporate, divisional and departmental procedures as required.
- Under minimal supervision, organize, plan and execute product changes in compliance with international regulations and quality standards; coordinate and set up cross-functional team meetings to ensure change execution, problem-solving and decision making.
- Under minimal supervision, plan and manage project(s) that span multiple disciplines with team, cross functions and regions. Applying a solid understanding of theories/practices including those from other disciplines outside the primary area of expertise.
- Prepare technical protocols and reports.
- Relevant technical discipline, preferably a degree in Chemistry/Biology/Pharmaceutics with a broad background in solutions/drug development or applied engineering and the utilization of analytical instrumentation in test methods and process engineering.
- Good knowledge of:
- Product development stages and life cycle management: development, stability, clinical, registration, process transfer, production, suppliers, customer service.
- Design Control documentation and process.
- Statistical Analysis and/or Lean/Six Sigma tools.
- International/regional/national regulations and standards.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible. A self-starter is imperative.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Skilled at presentations within the business/technical community.
- Technical writing proficiency to author internal reports and scientific papers.
- Strong human relation skills for group leadership, individual leadership, and project management.
- Ability to lead, manage and facilitate cross-function/division teams.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative assessment skills and critical thinking skills in support of analysing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical projects through successful outcomes.
- Ability to design and implement projects/studies outside area of expertise.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to shift gears between projects comfortably.
- Fluent in English.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.