R&D Lab Technician (Afternoon Shift)Req # JR - 022410 Location Marsa, Il-Marsa, Malta Job Category Research and Development Date posted 06/17/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
- Performs duties in accordance to procedures aligned with ISO13485, Medical Device Directive and other regulatory bodies as applicable.
- Considers the aspects of Environment Health and Safety procedures to ensure that all activities within this role will support EHS targets and will not jeopardize the health and safety of employees and environment.
- Ensures that all activities related to this role are in compliance with good laboratory and documentation practices.
- Responsible to undertake all required laboratory testing related to product verifications and validations to support other members of the R&D group.
- Operates electronic, mechanical or computer systems and conducts multiple measurements and process tools as per assignment.
- Closely works with his/her supervisor in order to be assigned the appropriate lab work that is aligned with project milestones and weekly testing priorities to ensure that such work is carried out in an effective and timely manner.
- Gives a full evaluation as per appropriate methods and supports in the testing of new products or changes in current products to establish and maintain good product functionality. Responsible for the appropriate documentation of results in his/her assigned laboratory notebook, complying with good documentation practices.
- Through the support and experience gained on the job, the R&D Engineering Technician must remain conversant with new developments in medical devices and product applications and pursue information on existing product on the market.
- Support specifically the test method development process by executing Gage RR protocols as required and also by aiding in the definition of robust and effective testing setups on lab equipment with internal customers.
- Aid the R&D Lab Supervisor in the review of Lab Notebook results and other testing documentation prior to its release to the customer in accordance with established procedures.
- Carry out basic routine checks on LAB equipment and ensures that it is kept clean and in optimum working order.
Who you are:
- Possess a Technical or a Scientific Diploma
- Have related experience
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.