External Contract Manufacturing ManagerReq # JR - 043840 Location Marsa, Il-Marsa, Malta Job Category Purchasing Date posted 11/16/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This is an incredible opportunitybased in Malta to Support the External Contract Manufacturing (ECM) Third Party Finished Goods (TPFG) organization in execution resulting in business sustainability, growth and cost savings.
You will support EMEA Manufacturing Plants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with ECM/TPFG manufacturers to ensure quality, delivery and cost meet or exceed Baxter’s expectations.
- Serve as liaison between company and ECM/TPFG Manufacturer network.
- Manage contracts to ensure delivery on company expectations, and meeting budget targets, cost savings and capacity management.
- Partner with Commercial and Supply Chain functions to ensure continuity of product supply.
- Maintain and review supplier performance to ensure conformance to supplier management goals (cost, quality, service, delivery)
- Create cost saving opportunities through competitive bidding, negotiations to achieve / exceed savings targets and deliver on-time reporting
- Coordinate communication between all applicable internal and external functions/organizations regarding ECM/TPFG operations.
- Analyze actual to budget cost variances, identify root cause, and drive cost improvement.
- Manage issues to ensure efficient and effective resolution.
- Lead performance business reviews with suppliers/contracting organizations.
- Partner with Quality Assurance to support/perform supplier audits, quality investigations, and non-conformance analysis by providing appropriate product/process expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five plus years of Medical Device / Pharmaceutical / Biologics industry experience working with Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Quality required.
- Technical Skills appropriate to the assigned ECM/TPFG Category, including: cGMP-Regulations and Regulatory Affairs, Quality Control and Assurance, and Operations.
- Cross functional team leadership; ability to work and influence across business units and functions, multi-site, multi- cultural. Proven ability to hold others accountable.
- Ability to develop and manage partnerships.
- Ability to drive and sustain transformational change.
- Strong financial acumen preferred.
- Production acumen preferred
- Management level presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to execute complex plans on time and on budget.
- Ability to think strategically and to provide clear direction to others.
- Superior analytical, organization, and project management skills
- Availability to travel
- Permission to work in Malta
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Malta Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now