Warehouse Supervisor - 7th/8th Shift (7AM to 7PM)Req # JR - 070976 Location Marion, North Carolina, United States Job Category Supply Chain Date posted 05/25/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Accountable for the day-to-day operation in the warehouse/receiving operations, Interplant and miscellaneous shipments, and Print Shop operations. Responsible for management of raw materials and intermediates (WIP). Provides quality and cost effective support to our organization. Work with the planning and purchasing team to look for inventory optimization opportunities. Usually manages non-exempt and lower level exempt employees.
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOPs, regulatory requirements, equipment usage regulations, policies and procedures, including any department specific requirements.
- Leads or participates in the development and implementation of processes designed to achieve organizational objectives (safety, cost, service, quality, and regulatory compliance).
- Manages the space allocated for raw material inventory in order to support plant manufacturing areas in the more effective way and responsible for maintaining proper inventory control procedures and documentation for all raw materials and production supplies including plant shipments and inventories associated with interplant shipments to other locations in our company.
- Develop and administer operating budget for the assigned departments.
- Manages the staffing requirements for the team. Analyzes the resource requirements and establishes the plan to meet staffing requirements. Ensures that all talent management objectives are being met through development planning and setting individual and group performance objectives. Also coaches subordinate supervising or non-exempt employees.
- Develops and maintain key performance indicators for departments assigned and establishes overall performance objectives for each area. Creates and implements plans to ensure all performance measures and objectives are met.
- Develop and implement programs to ensure compliance with all division, corporate, state and federal regulations as they relate to employment, training, health and safety, pharmacy and transportation operations.
- Monitoring areas of departments assigned, to ensure they are organized and clean at all times
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and lead process change.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, negotiating, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Must be results-oriented and have the ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Must also have project management skills
- Understanding the use of FIFO
- Knowledge of strong EHS standards
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics
Required Education and Experience
- BS or BA degree is required OR three to five years of supervisory or management experience.
- Experience in a highly-regulated manufacturing environment (i.e FDA) preferred
Other Duties as Assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Marion, NC 28752
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now