Quality Lab Associate I- Chemistry (6th Shift- 7PM to 7AM)Req # JR - 049401 Location Marion, North Carolina, United States Job Category Chemistry Date posted 09/20/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct critical chemical and physical analyses on raw materials, initial, in-process and final products, and samples collected from environmental monitoring programs at Baxter manufacturing facilities. Work under minimum supervision.
- Use sophisticated laboratory instrumentation and computer systems to collect and record data. Perform advanced assays requiring precise analytical skills and understanding of biology and chemistry principles.
- Complete all testing, including special project / protocol testing in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs and specifications, FDA, GLP, QSR and cGMP regulations.
- Investigate deviations and write exception documents.
- Participate in functions involving teams, which impact production, increase efficiency, solve problems, generate cost savings and improve quality.
- Perform laboratory and manufacturing audits as required. Audit and update, as required, plant SOPs.
- Perform equipment maintenance and calibrations as required.
- This position may have requirements to support or move to a different shift due to business needs.
Qualifications for this role
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, and in a timely fashion.
- Computer literate. Must be detail oriented, conscientious and have high reading comprehension skills.
- Must have basic understanding of laboratory instrumentation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry (preferred), or Science with Analytical Chemistry or Laboratory coursework and 0-2 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Marion, NC 28752
United States of America Explore Now