Production Technician (12 Hours)Req # JR - 055685 Location Marion, North Carolina, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 12/01/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Position: Technician I, Production – Fill/Pouch
The Fill/Pouch Production Technician I is a Salaried Non-Exempt position which contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by supplying, operating and maintaining various equipment in the Fill/Pouch areas. Additional tasks will include the performance and documentation of all quality checks for responsible equipment as well as inspection of product at times.
Essential Job Duties
- Operate, monitor and make adjustments as necessary to manual and automated filling equipment and machines using controls on an electrical control panel (HMI) or by way of manual adjustments
- Set-up load and replenish production supplies by use of a powered industrial truck (PIT) at a rate consistent with production needs
- Perform minor routine and preventative maintenance such as alignment adjustments, replacement of machine parts or belts, cleaning and lubrication while supporting Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Reconcile headcount needed on a per shift basis based on schedule production demands
- Perform scheduled quality checks, disposition product, identify any deviations that may occur and take the appropriate action to include stopping production on the machine if necessary
- Inspect finished product to ensure quality standards are being met
- Execute Batch/Code changes, tank changes, as well as sub lots as required
- Document required information on manufacturing logs and/or POMS system
- Investigate, identify and correct or escalate any inefficiency in the machine’s performance including mechanical wear, alignment, adjustment, and setup issues
- Develop standard work for troubleshooting and setups/changeovers
- Read blueprints and use tools to measure the product, ensuring the output meets specifications, making adjustments/repairs as needed
- Perform and document scheduled cleaning activities
- Assist in Quality Improvement or VIP programs if required
- Work with Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor to coordinate training requirements for line staff
- Train new associates on responsible processes
- Ensure the proper use, care, and storage of tools and equipment
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles including maintaining and securing provided tools
- Fill Side - In a Class I Controlled Environment which includes the following dress/gowning requirements: safety glasses or goggles, safety shoes, ear plugs, hairnet, beard cover, jumpsuit, hood, clean room mask, Rubber Boot shoe covers and gloves. Additional PPE required when cleaning.
- Pouch Side – In a CNC (Controlled Not Classified) Environment which includes safety glasses or goggles, safety shoes, ear plugs, hairnet, and beard cover. Additional PPE required when cleaning.
- Constant or intermittent exposure to elevated levels of noise
- Environment consisting of High Humidity
- Involves working around equipment and powerful machinery
- Requires regular work with chemical cleaners and disinfectants
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics
- Proficient in how to use a calculator and measurement tools as well as basic hand tools.
- Must have basic computer skills
- CRC (Career Readiness Certification) at the Silver level
- Production Technician or manufacturing experience with duties including preventative maintenance, machine troubleshooting, etc.
- This position requires frequent grasping, pushing/pulling and reaching with hands and arms. The position also involves lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally throughout the shift
- Normal visual acuity and the ability to distinguish color are necessary
- Occasionally specialized physicals are required when working with certain drug codes.
- Must be able to bend/stoop, squat, climb, reach above shoulder level, reach at or below shoulder level, kneel, twist and bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance
- Must be able to pass the Powered Industrial Truck (P.I.T.) physical
Other Duties as Assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as requiredHigh School Diploma/GED (±11 years), Mechanically Inclined, Attention to detail, Problem Resolution, Leadership qualities a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Marion, NC 28752
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now