Operator, Pouch (12-Hour Nights)Req # JR - 049584 Location Marion, North Carolina, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 09/09/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Position: Operator, Pouch
Shift: 6th/8th (12-Hour Nights, 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM)
The Operator, Pouch is an Hourly Non-Exempt position which contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by inspecting, over-pouching and performing quality checks on filled bags which hold IV therapies, premixed drugs, renal therapies and other sterile solutions.
Essential Job Duties
- Over-pouch and seal the over-pouch, enclosing a bag containing solutions or premixed drugs, at a rate consistent with production needs
- Inspect and ensure that the over-pouches, bags and their components meet quality standards
- Perform scheduled quality checks using an assortment of gauges and a scale
- Perform and document scheduled cleaning activities
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
- Correct any over-pouch seal or packaging issues previously identified
- In a Class III Controlled Environment which includes the following dress/gowning requirements: safety glasses, safety shoes, ear plugs, hairnet and beard cover (additional PPE required when cleaning and manually loading trucks)
- Constant or intermittent exposure to elevated levels of noise
- Involves working around equipment, machinery and belts
- Requires occasionally working with chemical cleaners and disinfectants
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- No High School Diploma/GED is required. However, candidate must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics
- Possess or be able to obtain Inspector Certification
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
One year of manufacturing experience preferred
CRC (Career Readiness Certification) at the Silver level
- Requires continuous grasping, pushing/pulling up to 12 pounds for up to 25 feet and reaching with hands and arms.
- Lifting on average up to 16 pounds to/from a height of up to 46 inches constantly throughout the shift.
- Carrying on average up to 10 pounds for 5 feet constantly throughout the shift.
- Normal visual acuity and the ability to distinguish color are necessary.
- Ability to complete quick and precise repetitive processes using both arms and both hands
- Occasionally specialized physicals are required when working with certain drug codes.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, reach forward, reach overhead, balance, crouch
- Must be able to handle objects and operate controls using fine/simple/firm grasping and fingering
Other Duties as Assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Marion, NC 28752
United States of America Explore Now