MITReq # JR - 038609 Location Marion, North Carolina, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 06/09/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
MIT Position Train in Days - Will be moved to 6th shift (7pm-7am) Please review requirements of the job posting prior to applying:
Position: Maintenance in Training – MIT
The Maintenance in Training role is a Salaried Non-Exempt position which contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by acquiring the skills and knowledge necessary to progress into a role within Maintenance. Exciting on the job training and classroom opportunities will take place in manufacturing areas, the electrical shop and in the die shop.
Essential Job duties
- Support plant production by performing parts repairs.
- Be able to perform the following welding processes on Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminum as it applies.
- MIG Weld
- TIG Weld
- Stick Weld
- Fabricating breakdown machine parts with and without prints for production equipment.
- Write G code and operate CNC equipment.
- Fabricating and installing machine guards and covers.
- Comply with all Corporate Specifications, North Cove Standard Operating, Preventative Maintenance, Documentation, and Safety Procedures.
- Demonstrate proper use and care of hand tools, power tools, presses, metal-working equipment, Machine shop equipment and electrical test instruments.
- Perform all required documentation neatly and without errors.
- Complete all program related or Baxter assigned training activities successfully.
- Perform maintenance tasks and activities in other areas of plant when required for support of overall maintenance efforts.
Demonstrated competency in above skills and area specific knowledge will be required for MIT to be placed into a vacant Maintenance Position at program completion.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must Have at least 1 of the below
- Associates Degree in Machining, Welding, or similar maintenance related degree.
- 2 Years of machining, fabrication, or Military maintenance experience.
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics
- Basic computer skills required
- Well organized
- Self-motivated to achieve goals and require little supervision
- Ability to develop a concept from general requirements
- Be able to work in a team environment, interact with other departments and demonstrate a customer service mentality.
- Driven and dedicated individual with a ability to learn and adapt to new challenges and skills.
- The position requires the ability to individually lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend/stoop, squat, climb, reach above shoulder level, reach at or below shoulder level, twist and bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, department and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required. Some job duties are performed on a rotating basis.
*Due to the nature of this position, the ability to work most holidays, some weekends and plant shut down periods is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.