Material Handler, Fill 3rd ShiftReq # JR - 056392 Location Marion, North Carolina, United States Job Category Material Handler Date posted 12/12/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Position: Hndlr, Matl Fill
Kronos Job Code: 1UHWN
The Material Handler, Fill contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by supplying and staging production materials to the Fill line, operating and performing minor maintenance on line machinery and by sampling and performing a variety of quality checks.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for procuring production supplies (i.e. bags, plugs, foil) as indicated on the Bill of Material (BOM)
- Continually stage production supplies for the printer and filling stations (changing wicks, fill the feeder bowls with plugs, etc.)
- Update the batch boards
- Coordinate with the Solution Mixing department and ensure a continuous flow of solution to the filling stations.
- Perform tank changes, line clearances, changes and/or builds filters and flushes the lines and surge tank
- Perform and document scheduled cleaning activities
- Set up and perform adjustments and minor maintenance on the filling machines, LPF (Linear Printer Filler), RPF (Robotic Printer Filler), printers and belts
- Navigate the computerized Production Operating Management System (POMS) to access, manage and document batch information throughout the filling process
- Clear or correct machine faults and alarms
- Collect samples and perform scheduled quality checks using an assortment of gauges and a scale
- Assists in performing line clearance and end of shift clean up including emptying trash, counting and cutting scrap
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- In a Class I Controlled Environment which includes the following dress/gowning requirements: safety glasses, ear plugs, jumpsuit, hood, hairnet, beard cover, gloves, isolation mask and boots (additional PPE required when cleaning)
- Constant or intermittent exposure to elevated levels of noise
- This position involves working around equipment, machinery and conveyors
- Requires occasionally working with chemical cleaners and disinfectants
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings
- Must have the Level 5/6 certification
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics
- Basic computer skills required
- One year of manufacturing experience
- CRC (Career Readiness Certification) Silver level
- This position requires frequent grasping, pushing/pulling and reaching with hands and arms. The position also involves lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally throughout the shift
- Normal visual acuity and the ability to distinguish color are necessary
- Occasionally specialized physicals are required when working with certain drug codes.
- Must be able to bend/stoop, squat, climb, reach above shoulder level, reach at or below shoulder level, kneel, twist and bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required. Some job duties are performed on a rotating basis.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Marion, NC 28752
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now