Manufacturing Supervisor-7th shift(12hr rotating days)Req # JR - 079935 Location Marion, North Carolina, United States Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 09/22/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
- Supervise the daily manufacturing operations in an area – maintain (audit, refine, improve) equipment and processes within this area.
- Provide a positive and equitable working environment
- Support and Emphasize the Safety and Quality commitments of the department – make decisions concerning these commitments within the area.
- Ability to utilize resources and raw materials in the most efficient and productive manner possible.
- Identify/prioritize/provide resources in an area to assist the superintendent to meet the annual operational plan and budgetary commitments,
- Facilitate and verify appropriate training for employees in the area (including but not limited to GMP, job skills, safety)
- Ensure compliance with all GMP rules, product documentation, specifications, SOPs, and FDA requirements as required.
- Commit to employee feedback and developmental process – support Talent Management goals, conduct recognition and disciplinary action for employees, facilitate employee representation throughout the organization.
- Submit and/or maintain and distribute reports related to attendance, labor, efficiency, safety, scrap and others as needed.
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to interface well with other departments, and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting.
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports.
- Ability to understand GMPs and other regulatory guidelines applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills.
- Good computer skills.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree required with 1 year of leadership experience or High School or GED required with 3 years of leadership experience
- Previous manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- Must be 18 years of age
- Work in and facilitate a team-oriented environment.
- Collect and analyze data and information to determine paths for process improvement and potential root cause/corrective actions in the case of exceptions.
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries, and present information to groups and senior management.
- May be required to supervise multiple groups.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Marion, NC 28752
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now