Handler, Material Prep CrewReq # JR - 046187 Location Marion, North Carolina, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 09/07/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Position: Handler, Material Prep Crew
Shift: 8th (7pm-7am)
The Prep Crew Worker is an Hourly Non-Exempt position which contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by cleaning, sanitizing, repairing and preparing for use piping, filters and other equipment used to fill bags with IV therapies, premixed drugs, renal therapies and other sterile solutions.
Essential Job Duties
- Clean, sanitize, assemble and prepare for use filtration equipment, piping and filling equipment
- Perform integrity checks on filtration equipment
- Program parameters, monitor filling equipment and adjust parameters if necessary
- Document test results and other required information
- Carry out scheduled cleaning activities on equipment and surrounding areas such as floors, ceilings and walls.
- Perform maintenance on pumps and other filling equipment
- Pre-Op and change out batteries on the powered industrial truck (if required)
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
- In a Class I Controlled Environment which includes the following dress/gowning requirements: safety glasses, ear plugs, jumpsuit, hood, hairnet, beard cover, gloves, isolation mask and boots (additional PPE required when cleaning)
- There is constant or intermittent noise and vibration.
- This position involves working around moving equipment and machinery
- Occasionally work with/around extremely hot water and steam
- Requires working with chemical cleaners and disinfectants
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have basic English, written and oral, communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions, read and comprehend written work instructions – including words and drawings.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics.
- Proficient in how to use a calculator and measurement tools as well as basic hand tools.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- One year of manufacturing experience
Other Duties as Assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Marion, NC 28752
United States of America Explore Now