Medical Science Liaison NutritionReq # JR - 030064 Location Madrid, Madrid Job Category Clinical Date posted 11/10/2020
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your role at Baxter:
The Medical Science Liaison functions as a field based member of the Medical Affairs team.
Medical Science Liaisons develop professional relationships with KOLs in core therapeutic areas of the Baxter business. They participate in training sessions, deliver clinical/scientific presentations and attend medical congresses and company-sponsored scientific symposia.
This group will collaborate with the internal Medical Affairs teams to provide customer feedback and scientific information relevant to the products and key product strategies.
What are your responsibilities?
- Identify and engage with KOLs, establishing relationships to build awareness, proper use and investigate new uses of Baxter’s products
- Identify investigator-initiated trial (IIT) opportunities and act as the primary point of contact throughout.
- Assist in development of advisory boards, symposia, and publication planning
- Support the Regional Medical Director to develop appropriate strategic and tactical plans
- Provide accurate medical and scientific education to customers proactively
We are presently seeking people who have:
- Excellent scientific background to disseminate and discuss scientific evidence and complex medical information, with proven MSL experience (2 years)
- Degree in medical/natural science (PhD, MD) is required. Background in clinical nutrition is preferred (enteral, parenteral nutrition).
- Excellent customer approach with ability to quickly build strong and reliable relationships including with key opinion leaders.
- Proven presentation and teaching capabilities; and understanding of adult learning concepts
- Comprehension of relevant clinical and regulatory requirements including ideally GCP
- Effective interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in Spanish and English required
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.