Clinical Nurse Manager (CNM) - Southern CaliforniaReq # JR - 052465 Location Los Angeles, California, United States (Remote) Job Category Clinical Date posted 11/08/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Territory is located in Southern California. Must be within 1 hour driving distance of large airport. At times, travel may occur outside of defined territory.
This position is a clinically consultative role with Baxter Medication Delivery customers. Our Clinical Nurse Manager (CNM) is responsible for contributing to increased sales growth, penetration and improved profitability in key accounts. The CNM will work with Baxter Sales Representatives and customers during product evaluations, implementations and post conversion follow-up. In addition, the position contributes to the creation, development and implementation of new value added products and services that help differentiate Baxter from the competition. CNM's focus on improving medication delivery efficiency and clinical safety, they provides expertise in infusion pump technology with medication error reduction systems; cost reduction/labor efficient methodologies, creative approaches to improving clinical process and safety outcomes for the caregiver and patient. The CNM is also responsible for; training both Baxter representatives and customers on emerging trends, new innovations and critical success factors in medication delivery and patient safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively execute clinical project tasks and Connections Portfolio programs to key Baxter customers.
- Build or deepen customer relationships at the management and administrative levels of the targeted healthcare facility and or healthcare system utilizing a consulting approach.
- Key areas of focus will be; safe medication delivery; clinical operational discipline emphasizing cost reduction and labor efficiency, enhancement of clinical process and practice, and caregiver/patient safety.
- Assist in the creation and development of future solutions-based services and programs in order to sustain industry leadership in the areas of cost containment, medication management processes and clinical training.
- Develop relevant metrics that demonstrate achievement of operational and clinical goals, and show effectiveness of the programs from the perspective of the customer and the industry.
- Maintain the integrity of the value of Connections Portfolio through the disciplined collection of required data to assure a robust national database.
- Maintains expert knowledge of Baxter’s support programs and the administrative tasks associated with tracking savings, operational/clinical outcomes and sales.
- Assures quality and integrity in processes, which are the cornerstones to the programs. Develop and present customer presentations that differentiate Baxter's Hospital Products from the competition
- Actively support Baxter's Hospital Products sales team in achieving yearly sales and profit plan goals for the targeted accounts through clinical consultative selling at the both the regional and IDN level.
- Actively support product training and implementation for new and existing Hospital products customers through defined implementation processes, access to eLearning, onsite training and consistent follow-up to ensure adoption of new technology.
- In servicing and troubleshooting on all IV Infusion Hospital Products. For example: IV Infusion Pumps, IV Solutions, IV Tubing, IV Needle-Free Connectors, IV Medication Delivery Systems, Irrigation Solutions, and Parenteral Nutrition.
- Nursing Project Lead for product implementations. Example for Infusion Pumps: Assist customer with MDL development, IV Tubing selection, development of clinical training plan for all phases from Hardware implementation to Interoperability implementation, and follow-up post-implementation.
- Business acumen and strong financial aptitude.
- Strong clinical background with in-depth knowledge of IV therapy.
- Strong communication. presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Professional presence and rapport with customers, and all business unit personnel within Baxter.
- Ability to work independently with time management proficiency.
- Ability to travel independently and frequently throughout the United States.
- Team orientation with effective leadership abilities.
- Collaborate with Sales Team, Marketing, and Clinical Teammates.
- Effective clinical selling and negotiating skills.
- Strong process orientation.
- Computer competency Microsoft Office - (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Requires a BS degree (Nursing/Business) with a minimum of 5 years clinical experience.
- Prefers a minimum of 2 years experience in Cost Management, Product Standardization, Clinical Resource Management, or Product Education and Implementation.
- Active RN license.
All prospective employees for this job will be required to verify that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
A critical component of our company’s vision is to be a best place to work. As part of this commitment, we provide our employees with comprehensive compensation and benefits.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage immediately upon hire
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Retirement Savings – Choose from pre-tax and/or Roth after-tax savings; Baxter matches 3.5 percent on your first 4 percent of contributions and provides a non-matching contribution of 3 percent of eligible pay each year
- Employee Stock Purchase Program – Purchase Baxter common stock each month at a 15 percent discount through payroll deductions with no brokerage fees
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Educational Assistance Program
- [email protected] – Global health and wellness program with access to resources and benefits to help focus on staying well through education and prevention, taking action to make healthy changes and dealing with chronic or acute conditions
- Business Resource Groups – Employee-run affinity groups that drive multi-cultural awareness and engagement at Baxter; provides a forum for employees to share knowledge, ideas, and personal experiences
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now