QC MicrobiologistReq # JR - 063710 Location Liverpool, England, United Kingdom Job Category Microbiology Date posted 03/28/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
We are currently seeking an experience QC Microbiologist to join our high performing team, at our Liverpool Plant in Wavertree.
The QC Microbiologist will perform routine testing and reviewing of release, Stability and raw materials. They will perform routine Environmental monitoring of all Pack rooms and weekly water testing and will report in to the Senior QC Microbiologist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain regulatory compliance through established programs for laboratory testing, training, documentation and validation.
- Perform testing to support manufacturing value streams and meet product release target dates.
- execute GMP, plant low bioburden assurance and operational training programs.
- Provide support and training for others within the laboratory
- Follow Good Quality Control Laboratory Practices (GLP) at all times and ensures the work area they are responsible for is maintained in a clean and tidy state.
- Follows with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Manufacturing Documentation (GDP)
- Provide support for the Senior Microbiologist and QC Manager in any reasonable request relating to the laboratory operation.
- Perform data analysis as required to support investigations or plant requirements
- Complete and own records within the QMS (quality management systems)
- Perform Monthly trending of Microbiology tests
- Perform Annual Fauna and Flora reviews
- Perform Periodic Reviews of SOP’s in the area
- Perform Validation Maintenance of Analytical methods executed in the area
- Represent the Microbiology laboratory at internal / external audits.
Qualifications and Experience
- Continuous Improvement driven / Change Agent personality essential.
- Technical knowledge and experience in a regulated pharmaceutical microbiology laboratory environment.
- Understanding GMP / EP requirements and Regulators Expectations.
- Experience in participating in external audits and conducting internal audits.
- Working in a team in a dynamic, fast-paced laboratory environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential, proactive approach to work.
- Able to fault find and problem solve
- Ability to react to unexpected situations
- Able to interpret Global and regulatory documentation into local procedures
- Science based qualification minimum degree level or equivalent (Microbiology based)
- Ideally 2 years of experience working within the laboratory
What are some of the benefits of working at Baxter?
- Competitive total compensation package
- Professional development opportunities
- High importance placed on work life balance
- Commitment to growing and developing an inclusive and diverse workforce
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
United Kingdom Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now