Senior Buyer Indirect CategoryReq # JR - 026110 Location Lessines, Wallonia, Belgium Job Category Purchasing Date posted 08/25/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The role is part of Baxter’s Global Category Management Organization and reports to the EMEA Senior Manager Manufacturing Indirect Operations.
- Expected to lead/support Category Management activities for Capital and/or MRO in EMEA.
- Collaborate closely with the Management of Manufacturing Operations at senior level and Plant Local Procurement teams to establish strategic and tactical objectives, define priorities and develop and implement category strategies.
- To closely collaborate with the site buyers across multiple sites to improve procurement performance and to roll out negotiated contracts.
- For his/her purchase portfolio, to acquire related market knowledge, to execute and apply sourcing strategies manage the assigned purchase portfolio, to conduct negotiations and implement contracts.
- Develop/execute sourcing and category management strategies for Capital and/or MRO as part of the global & regional team. Develop internal and external benchmarks and metrics to support global strategies.
- Implement the category strategies in the region and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers .
- Lead the supplier selection and contract negotiation process for key projects, within Capital and/or MRO categories.
- Ensure that appropriate Supplier Relationship Management programs are in place for strategic and critical suppliers in the concerned categories of spend (Capital, MRO)
- Stimulate and support innovation by leveraging the supplier base, regularly reviewing market developments and mobilizing the appropriate internal network.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Finance, Engineering or Business
- Minimum 4 years of category management experience with multinational organizations. Previous experience with Capital MRO, Project Management will be an asset
- Must be able to speak and write fluently in English. Knowledge of additional European languages is an asset.
- Proven experience in people and stakeholder management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Business acumen and ability to develop strategic thinking
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and matrix environment.
- Ability to work efficiently with virtual teams.
- Strong willingness to accept new challenges/tasks.
- Team player
- Entrepreneurial. Autonomous.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.