Purchasing Specialist Raw Materials & PackagingReq # JR - 040324 Location Lessines, Wallonia, Belgium Job Category Purchasing Date posted 12/20/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- You will actively manage the strategy ( including suppliers selection, negotiation, risk & opportunities assessments ) and the relationship with suppliers for some of the raw materials and packaging commodities led at local level ( glass components, printed materials, packaging and associated consumables, plastic resins, rubber parts ) – spend under your responsibility is about 10M€
- You will ensure the sourcing strategies defined by the Category Managers at Global level are implemented and executed at the plant level, and that the corresponding agreements are put in place
- You will act as the main point of contact for raw materials and packaging between the plant stakeholders, the Procurement Network and the suppliers, in an effort to ensure the operations are run according to the safety, quality (compliance to quality standards and GMP ), delivery (continuity of supply, capacity ) and cost requirements of Baxter. You will build solid relationship and trust with all involved stakeholders.
- You will regularly report internally on Procurement KPI’s (i.e purchasing price variances versus budget, savings, cost avoidances, sourcing projects pipeline, payment terms’ extension, supplier network optimization, spend under contract, …)
- You will constantly generate, develop and manage projects aimed at reducing the Total Cost of Ownership of the raw materials, and ensure the necessary buy-in of cross-functional teams to implement the projects
- You will support Supply Chain in setting the MRP parameters (EOQ, lead-times, safety stock, …) for raw materials considering the risk related to RMs and suppliers
- You will support Suppliers Quality Assurance (SQA) for quality claims’ resolution (including financial remuneration) and management of Supplier Notification of Change (SNC)
- You ensure compliance with the general purchasing processes within the group.
- You identify initiatives to challenge inefficiencies and process deviations, highlight improvement opportunities and collaborates with process owners to implement smart solutions
- You will report to the Local Plant Purchasing Manager and be part of the plant Purchasing team consisting of 4 people.
- You preferably have a Bachelor in Chemical Engineering, Finance or Business Administration
- You have a solid purchasing experience in direct materials of min 3 years, preferably within a highly regulated manufacturing environment (pharmaceutical experience is an asset).
- You have a solid experience in project management, sourcing and cost analysis processes
- You are fluent in English and French
- You are dynamic, proactive, flexible, analytical thinking and target oriented
- You are assertive and have a perseverant personality, together with an ability to be diplomatic, challenging and persuasive. You can act as a change agent both internally and with suppliers
- You are able to work in a changing, multi-cultural and matrix environment
- You have strong communication skills
- Experience with JDE / GME is an asset
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Belgium Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now